𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟐: 𝐄𝐮𝐩𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐚

"Guess they're not here to make friends," Ran chuckled.

"Yeah, no shit," Sanzu glared.

"Both of you should shut the fuck up," you groaned from beside them.

You stepped forward and tried to reason with the angry crowd, asking them what purpose did they have in this set up and what would they gain if they succeeded on killing us. Obviously they didn't answer, instead it made them angrier that they stepped forward, pointing their fiery torches at you.

"This really is some bullshit..." Sanzu mumbled as he backed away.

"KILL THE MEN AND TAKE THE WOMAN!" a man shouted from the crowd, "SHE'S THE GODDESS!"

"SAVE HER FROM THEIR EVIL DEEDS! SHE'LL SAVE US FROM THIS MESS!" another yelled.

"KILL THEM AND SAVE THE GODDESS!"

"YEAAAHHHH!"

"KILL THE DEMONS! THEY SHOULD'VE PERISHED IN THE FIRE!"

You were confused at what they meant when they called you the goddess. While Ran and Sanzu stood beside you protectively although they were the ones who needed protection, you watched as the angry but determined crowd charged towards the three of you, vowing they will protect you, the goddess.

"Ugh... I guess we have no other choice but to clean up these pigs," Sanzu exhaled.

"Gladly... they're getting on my nerves. I'm too hot to be a demon, how there they insult me," Ran glared.

You knew these men were strong but you were still surprised on how calm they were acting in this death situation.

"You take left?" Ran questioned.

"Psh, you looking down on me? I'll take them all if you're gonna be slow," Sanzu smirked, getting ready to attack.

"Let's see who hunts more boars," Ran grinned, brushing his hair back seductively as he licked his lips in a psychotic manner.

And with that the two darted opposite directions, kicking and punching anyone who came charging towards them, not allowing a single one to pass them and get through to you. You wanted to help, but at the same time you didn't.

Now thinking back you had no other choice but to accept your fate for working for them, but now there was an opportunity for you to escape... at the same time you couldn't trust the opposite side.

So many questioned were running through your head that all you could do was stand there cluelessly and watch. You clenched your fist angrily, what were you supposed to do at that moment?

Which side should you be standing on? Your eyes widened as you watched Sanzu and Ran who fought off the opposite side like their lives depended on it, losing slowly. More and more men kept coming, attacking them from every corner.

Turning his head around, you watched as Sanzu tried his best to hold off six men who were twice his size. His arms were shaking, you could see how much he was struggling but he didn't care. You were the first priority.

"WHAT'RE YOU STANDING THERE FOR?! RUN!" he yelled.

Without hesitation, you turned around and headed straight into the burning building behind you, since every other area was blocked. Three men followed behind you into the foggy building while Sanzu and Ran continued to hold off the rest.

"DEMONS SHOULD RETURN BACK TO THE FLAMES OF HELL!" a man yelled, attacking Sanzu.

Sanzu grunted as he tried to hold him off when another man came speeding towards him from the side and tackled him onto the ground. He yelped out in pain as his vision began to blur. The only scene he could focus on was Ran struggling to fight off as many as he could, and behind him was the burning building he'd seen Y/n run through to escape onto the other side.

Sanzu never had any more will to get back up when suddenly, something shiny had caught his eye, lying on the ground. The burning flames reflected on the sharp object, making it almost seem as if it was on fire. Just by looking it, Sanzu felt his chest burning up as if it was also on fire. The object lying on the ground was a katana.

A devilish smirk crept onto his face as he reached out to the weapon, grasping it. He could feel his heart bumping faster and faster, filled with excitement now that he'd found a weapon he was deadly with. His chest was still burning up, caught up in eurphoria as he was convinced that this was a death battle.

Before the men could finish him off, they all backed away suddenly as they watched him slowly get back up onto his feet, unseathing the weapon properly as he swung it to the side. A menacing look on his face as he glared over at the men in front of him before letting out a psychotic laugh.

"You know the best thing about wielding such a dangerous weapon?" he asked with devilish look, "Knowing once you wield something so murderous, it's a sign telling you to kill or be killed... and the funny thing is... I think I'm too excited to be killed today, so please come it at me with everything you've got before I give you a wonderful and painful death."

Licking his lips, the man charged towards the group, slicing through them so effortlessly, not giving them a chance to make a move. His speed was unbelievable and so were his skills with the weapon. They were basically made for eachother. Seeing Sanzu suddenly worked up over the fight, Ran was pumped up just by seeing the excitement in his eyes. He'd like a challenge... and beside, they were betting on who'll be a better hunter.

"NO WAY I'M GONNA LET Y/N THINK YOU'RE BETTER THAN ME, YOU PINK BITCH!" Ran laughed psychotically as he threw a man into the burning flames nearby before kicked another in the stomach using his knee.

"WANNA FUCKING BET, HAITANI FUCKER?!" Sanzu yelled from the opposite side, stabbing a man right through the throat.

"IT'S A FUCKING BET!" Ran laughed, grabbing out a gun.

It was a death battle, but once you made it out of the burning building unscratched after tricking the men who'd followed you, you were shocked after finding the scene you'd come to.

"Y/n..." Ran said, moaning out your name as he slowly turned his head over to you with a tired but bewitching look, "...you should've gone home. I'm embarrassed you have to see me like this...."

His hands were dripping with blood that wasn't his and his head was bleeding intensely it was almost hard to even look at him. Behind him stood Sanzu, his back facing you while gripping a katana in his hand, dripping with blood as the flames in front of him made it almost seem as if he was standing in a movie.

The two were quiet then not knowing what to say after that. Their clothes stained with blood, they didn't let a single man live.

All were dead and gone. Raising both your middle and index finger, you placed it over your lips as if you were kissing before raising it up into the air. It was a sign of peace, even when you knew they were murdered and that they've tried to attack you, you still wished them luck in the afterlife.

"From the ground you've risen and the ground you've returned to rest. We pledge that you be given mercy and eternal peace. May we meet again..."