𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟏: 𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐩

Y/n's POV...

My eyes widened as I scanned the room to see gasoline spilled all over the floor, circling the space as it blocked us into the center. There was only one thing left in my mind, and that was that something wasn't right.

Once I realized what the situation was, I immediately jumped as I called out to the other two to step away from the liquid they were still examining. At first they looked at me, confused looks plastered on their faces as they waited for me to tell them why, but there wasn't enough time.

I deliberately leaped over to them and pulled them away before the sound of the windows smashed and an object lit on fire came flying into the room. As it landed onto the spilled gasoline, the room then lit up on fire, trapping us in the center completely.

"IT WAS A TRAP!" I shrieked.

The other two stood beside me as they backed away from the fire, the flames slowly moving in. My eyes landed on their shoes, still painted with the liquid. Without hesitation, I kneeled down and pulled off Sanzu's shoes, tripping him in the process.

"WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?!" he shouted angrily.

"YOU WANT YOUR FEET TO BURN OR NOT?!" I screamed as I gave him a stern look.

The man went quiet as he willingly took off the shoes and threw it to the fire, seeing this, Ran followed as he took off his shoes and threw it to the fire, along with myself.

"Damnit... those were my favorite pair," Sanzu groaned.

"Now's not the time to be mourning the death of a shoe..." I mumbled, turning to Sanzu.

The man annoyingly rolls his eyes as he looked over at the fire moving in, smoke hovered over the atmosphere making it hard for us to breathe.

"Well, I guess we die today. Atleast I get to die with my Mona Lisa," Ran smirks looking over at me.

Annoyed, I pushed his face away which was just a few inches away from mine. I began searching around the room for something useful we could use to get out of there or atleast put out a bit of the fire.

As I searched the whole room my eyes landed on the closet nearby. Before the fire could reach it the closet there, I immediately leaped towards it and snatched everything inside, throwing them all out before I pulled away as the fire came closer, consuming the little area.

I began to forage through the pile of clothes I'd just grabbed, hoping I could find something useful. My eyes widened as I pulled out a fabric made out of a meta aramid material called nomex. It is a widely used flame resistant material.

"Jackpot," I mumbled, holding up the fabric as my eyes just sparkled while staring up at it.

My eyes then looked over at the other two and soon my mind went blank. There was one nomex but there were three of us.

"Ugh..." I sighed, "Take it."

Holding up the blanket-like material, I pushed it towards Ran.

"Awww, Mona Lisa wants to assure my safety? You really are a work of art," Ran moaned as he came closer, almost leaning into me.

I slapped him away before throwing the fabric at him.

"Don't get any ideas, I'm only doing this because I don't wanna be held responsible for anyone's death. Instead one of you dumbasses will be held responsible for mine," you growled, pointing at them.

You didn't even get the chance to say your last words when Ran came closer to you, hovering the fabric over your head before joining you as he wrapped it around himself as he smirked down at you.

"What the hell do you think you'r-"

"This fabric is big enough to protect two people," he grinned.

"Oh, so I'm the one who's dying? Fuck you too, Haitani bitch," Sanzu growled from the back.

"I'm really not in on this plan," I said, trying to back away.

"Too late," Ran smiled innocently.

"Wait wha-"

Turning his head, Ran looked at Sanzu one more time.

"If you don't want more ugly scars on your face, I'll give you an opening, but I doubt you won't get burned alive," he sneered.

The look on Sanzu's face was enough to tell me he was ready to jump into the fire and burn as long as he takes this fuck boy with him, but he didn't get the chance when Ran lifted me up and darted straight for the window.

"WAIT!" I screamed.

And before I knew it, I found myself flying through the window in the arms of a man I hated more than cleaning up dog shit.

"I FUCKING HATE YOUUU!!!!"

As I'd predicted no bit of the flame managed to come onto us due to the material of the fabric we wrapped around ourselves and surprisingly, after jumping out a 2 story building, Ran managed to land onto his feet without breaking any bones.

Even when he carried me as well, putting in more weight and pressure to his landing.

As I looked back up at the broken window we'd just jumped through, I noticed Sanzu's familiar figure swiftly, majestically and effortlessly caper out of the building and landed onto his feet after doing a backflip into air like a fucking showoff, even in this life and death situation.

"Now... who're these little retards who wanted to kill me?" Sanzu smirked devilishly as he stood up.

You got up too and looked around the empty area, there was no living being around but that changed soon when a group of men came running out from the bushes, surrounding the three of you. You couldn't see their faces since they all wore masks and holding weapons in their hands.

"Guess they're not here to make friends," Ran chuckled.

"Yeah, no shit," Sanzu glared.

"Both of you should shut the fuck up," I groaned from beside them.

I stepped forward and tried to reason with the angry crowd, asking them what purpose did they have in this set up and what would they gain if they succeeded on killing us. Obviously they didn't answer, instead it made them angrier that they stepped forward, pointing their fiery torches.

"This really is some bullshit..." Sanzu mumbled as he backed away.