𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟓: 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐈𝐧 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐡𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫 {𝕽𝖆𝖓🔞}

Twisting and turning around in his bed, Ran struggled to find a comfortable position to fall asleep in. He couldn't tell whether that was the problem or that he was just overthinking too much to fall asleep. As he faced the ceiling and sighed out loud, Takemichi's voice continues to echo through his head that he almost got a headache.

"ʙᴜᴛ ꜱʜᴇ ʜᴀꜱɴ'ᴛ ᴇᴀᴛᴇɴ ɪɴ ᴅᴀʏꜱ, ᴀʟʟ ꜱʜᴇ'ꜱ ᴅᴏɪɴɢ ɪꜱ ɢᴇᴛᴛɪɴɢ ᴡᴀꜱᴛᴇᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ᴅʀɪɴᴋɪɴɢ ᴀʟʟ ᴅᴀʏ. ꜱʜᴇ'ꜱ ɪɴ ᴀ ʙᴀᴅ ꜱᴛᴀᴛᴇ, ᴡᴇ ᴍᴜꜱᴛ ʜᴇʟᴘ ʜᴇʀ."

"ʏᴏᴜ ꜱᴀʏ ʏᴏᴜ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ʜᴇʀ ᴀʟᴍᴏꜱᴛ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ɢᴇᴛ ʙᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ꜱᴇᴇᴍ ᴛᴏ ᴄᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ꜱʜᴇ'ꜱ ꜱᴛᴀʀᴠɪɴɢ ʜᴇʀꜱᴇʟꜰ..."

"ɪ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴍᴇɴᴛɪᴏɴᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ'ꜱ ᴏʙᴠɪᴏᴜꜱ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʟᴏᴠɪɴɢ ꜱᴏᴍᴇᴏɴᴇ ᴅᴏᴇꜱɴ'ᴛ ʀᴇQᴜɪʀᴇ ɪɢɴᴏʀɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇɪʀ ᴍᴏᴍᴇɴᴛꜱ ᴏꜰ ɴᴇᴇᴅ."

"ᴀᴛʟᴇᴀꜱᴛ ɪ'ᴍ ꜱᴛᴜʙʙᴏʀɴ ᴇɴᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛᴏ ꜱʜᴏᴡ ʜᴏᴡ ᴍᴜᴄʜ ɪ ᴄᴀʀᴇ! ᴜɴʟɪᴋᴇ ꜱᴏᴍᴇᴏɴᴇ ᴡʜᴏ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴄʜᴀꜱᴇꜱ ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ ᴏɴᴄᴇ ʜᴇ'ꜱ ᴛᴜʀɴᴇᴅ ᴏɴ!"

"Psh... I don't get turned on easily... he doesn't know shit?" he mumbled angrily as he glared up at the ceiling.

His facial expression started to change once he started realizing the fact that he was actually that kind of person Takemichi was talking about. Somehow it made him annoyed that he threw his pillow across the room before getting out of bed, determined to do something different to prove him wrong.

→⩙←

Letting out a sigh, Ran was anxious as he raised his hand to knock on the door in front of him but was still hesitant. Will it make him look soft? Caring? Somehow those kind of thoughts made him think he looked weak and pathetic. Not able to face the person on the other side, he was about to turn around and head back to his room when he suddenly heard the door creak open.

His eyes widened as he found himself staring down at the woman in front of him in a difficult state. Her eyes were swollen and red with dark black marks painted beneath them as if she hadn't been able to sleep for days. Her lips looked dried up and her hair was a mess. Her lovely scent which usually filled up the room whenever she was around had compleely perished.

Now she smelled like cigarettes and alcohol.

"Y/n-"

Reaching his hand out, Ran was about to place them against her cheek but paused when he realized what he was doing. Y/n blankly stared up at him as if she was waiting for him to touch her face, but when she noticed how hesitant he was, she brushed his hand away.

"If you're not here to comfort me then go away..." she mumbled as she tried to walk past him.

Before she could take a step further away from him, Y/n felt Ran's touch on the palm of her hands. It was soft and it didn't feel like he was stopping her, Ran was trying to feel her temperature. Biting his lip, he turned to her as his eyes focused on her pale skin.