𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟓: 𝐂𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐈𝐧

You couldn't sleep that night, so you decided to stay up and finish off things you couldn't finish during the day. That included the stuff about the Goddess, but nothing bothered you more than the misunderstanding between you and Aito, so you gathered up a bitof courage and decided to visit him and clear things once and for all.

Standing in front of Aito's house, you knocked on the door. You heard that Star was kicked out that night and was sent to stay somewhere else so you didn't have to worry about her. Airi opened the door and you two looked at eachother in surprised. You haven't seen eachother all night so it was a surprise now.

"Do you need anything? Is it the kids' things? I'll go look for it," she mumbled.

"No, I'm actually here to talk to Aito," you corrected.

"I heard about everything, you don't need to. He's already got a lot on his mind so don't bother him."

Just as she was about to close the door on you, you slammed your had against it, not giving her a chance to close it fully.

"I know your his sister but your brother's world doesn't revolve around you. I know you're just mad at me but right now I don't really care about what you think. I need to talk to your brother," you glared.

Airi sighed and was silent for a moment but then answered.

"He's not here. He went to visit the doctor's family with Goro. It's only me and Benji here."

"Ok... thanks," you thanked.

Airi just nodded her head in return and gave you the address before she watched you make your way off only to be stopped just a few steps away.

"Hey..." she called out.

"Hm?"

"Cya around?" she slightly smiled.

"I'll make time," you smiled.

She chuckled a little before closing the door behind her leaving you outside in the cold and empty area. The late night breeze was chilly but you loved it somehow. As you began making your way to the address Airi's given you, you found yourself standing in fron of a tall and edgy building. 

All the lights were off so you thought the family was asleep. Just as you wereabout to knock on the door, it flew open before you could even touch it and a teenage girl who seemed to be around the age of 16 stared at you in silence as if she'd expected someone else to be at the door.

"Oh... sorry, I thought you were my mom... May I help you?" she questioned, changing the subject completely.

"I'm Y/n L/n. I'm here looking for two men who were told to be here around 10:30PM?" you raised a brow as you stared back at her.

"Oh... them... they disappeared..." she answered truthfully.

"What do you mean disappeared?"

"They went after my mom. Seeing that you know them, you must've also heard the situation about my dad's affair... After those men told mom about it, she was furious that she stormed out of the house threatening that she'll go and kill dad... but I'm worried because this morning dad said he was going to be at the 3rd zone to treat some wounded people and I feel mom went there to look for him." 

You could hear the pain in the girl's voice as she explained everything slowly in her soft and gentle voice. You could tell she was an absolute mature and kind person, what did she do to deserve going through all this with her family slowly drifting apart? Behind her you noticed two boys who seemed 3 and 2 years younger than her waiting in silence in the living for new of their parents' return. Your heart melted into your stomach just looking at them that you reached out and patted the girl on the shoulder.

"It's ok. I assure you, I'll find my friends along with your parents. Whatever comes your way after that, I hope you get through it," you smiled. "Stay strong."

And with that you turned around and took your leave while the teenage girl watched you walk away from behind. A warm feeling swarmed around her after she'd received your kind gesture and a smile crept onto her face as she bowed her head, showing her respects. Although you weren't looking, you still felt it and it placed you in a good mood.

→⩙←

Hopping off your motorcycle you took off your helmet and shook your head before reaching your hand up to help fix your hair a bit as you stared up at the building you heard a doctor from the 1st zone was just sent to this morning.

On your way over, you were on high alert, holding a gun i your hand just in gase there were zombies nearby. Suddenly, you heard a low pitch growl coming from nearby and a metalic BANG noise following after.

You hid behind a dumpster at the back of the building as you held yor gun up, touching the bridge of your nose as you peaked out a little to see what it was and ofcourse it was a walking dead. 

It seemed to be eating something and just as you were about to jump out and shoot it, someone else pulled you away. Thinking it was an enemy, you were about to attack whoever it was only to be calmed once you noticed it was Goro.

He raised a finger up to his lips, gesturing you to be quiet before signalling you to follow behind him. As you both sneaked quietly down the almost abandoned streets, you could see huge crowds of zombies everywhere.

You knew the 3rd zone was dangerous but never expected it to be THIS dangerous. Where were all the men sent here to get rid of all these beasts? It was so quiet and empty now that you'd got here. 

Confused you continued after Goro who led you into an old building nearby where you met the doctor along with his angry wife and Aito who seemed shock to see you appear out of nowhere. As you settled down on a seat nearby, you crossed one leg over the other before looking up at them as you raised a brow waiting for an explanation.

"Why's the 3rd zone empty?" you asked. "Where is everyone?"

"We should be asking you, you're one of our protectors..." Goro frowned nervously.

"Ever since we arrived here it was so crowded that we felt unsafe so we came into this building and coincidentally ran into the doctor along the way," Aito explained. "We've never seen anyone else though..."

"Goro, you're in the army. Did they inform you about anything?" you questioned, turning to face Goro.

"Not that I've heard of... I was taking a break for two days so I guess I never heard a word..." Goro mumbled.

You let out a sigh before your eyes looked across the room at the window nearby. Crowds of zombies were rushing by fast as if they were heading towards something. The 5 of you ran towards the window curiously as you poked your heads out from the second floor to get a better view of what was going on only to see a group of armed men running down the streets while shooting at the beasts to save themselves.

"Oh? They're 4th division soldiers! I know them!" Goro pointed out.

Just as you planned to run down and help them, it was too late. The beasts had already caught them, devouring their flesh as the men screamed out in horror. The woman behind you almost screamed but covered her mouth as to not get you all caught. 

You could see one of the men slowly trying to crawl away as he cried and plead for help, one of his legs already missing.

He turned back, pointing the gun in his hand at the beasts making their way towards him. The sound of the gun going off ring in your ears as you closed your eyes and let out a sigh, hearing the man scream one last time before finally getting devoured.

"This is weird... last time I was here there weren't that much zombies but it's like..." Goro cut himself off, not wanting to finish his statement.

"...someone was leading them here..." you mumbled, finishing it off for him.