𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖: 𝐒𝐞𝐭 𝐔𝐩

→⩙←

Gripping the dagger tight in your hand, you quietly snuck around Manjiro's room as you watched him sit quietly on his bed, facing down at something he was holding in his hand.

You peaked in from behind the curtains to the balcony of his room as you watched him in an almost alluring manner.

His silver hair reflected the light of the moon which shone into his room from the balcony windows as the wind blew through them swiftly, revealing a bit of his dried lips.

Like the wind, you swift into the room and gripped his hair in your palm as you brought a dagger to his throat, ready to cut his throat open, but the man seemed unfazed by the sudden attack.

"Any last words...?" you whispered.

Manjiro was awfully quiet as you watched his hand slowly rise from his lap and traced up your arm which held onto his hair. You flinched as you pulled on it harder, threatening him not to move, but he didn't seem scared to die at all. Who really was this man? Suddenly, you felt his soft but cold touch tracing up your arm as he pulled it away from his head.

You didn't know why, but you let go of his hair immediately, as if you've weakened when he touched you as he lowered your hand to his face. A small peck was left on the back of your hand by his lips as his brushed it against his cheeks right after before slowly closing his eyes to rest a little.

Although he was in the state where it seemed like he couldn't sleep for days, he somehow still looked captivating that you couldn't help but get lost in the moment as you stared down at him in shock. You snapped out of it as you pulled your hand away before pinning him down on his bed with his hands behind his back.

"Is this some kind of joke to you?!" you yelled angrily.

He still didn't seem bothered at all, even when he was in that position. His eyes were still closed as if he was sleeping for the first time in a long time.

"Tch-"

"Woah, woah, woah," a familiar voice called out.

You narrowed your eyes over at the dark corner of the room as you watched Youta approach out of the darkness.

"Seems like boss was already desperate to die," he chuckled.

You were quiet as you watched him playfully swing a gun around in his hand, as if he'd wanted to be the one to put an end to Manjiro's life.

"What're you doing here? I thought I was the one tasked with killing him," you glared.

"Yeah, but I changed my mind. I should be the one to end the current king in order to become the new king. That sounds more right to me," he smiled, "and maybe after that I can make you my queen."

You were disgusted by his last statement. He was almost in his 40s and here he was flirting around with you. You played along and smiled, making it seem like you actually wanted it due to the power because he knew you wouldn't just randomly agree because you liked him. He understood how ugly and disgusting his attitude was that no woman would ever wanna be with him.

"Keep him down, but hold his head up for me," Youta instructed.

You were a bit annoyed that you were getting bossed around by this disgusting man, but you obeyed without a complaint as you pulled Mikey's hair, forcing his head up as his eyes remained closed.

"Hahaha, this feels so great!" Youta laughed psychotically, "I can finally have all the power I wanted!"

Switching the gun in his hand, he points it at Manjiro's forehead, the same sick grin remaining on his face as he was ready to pull the trigger when Manjiro suddenly opened his eyes. Youta stopped for a moment, you could see his hand was shaking nonstop as he stared down at Manjiro in horror.