𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟔: 𝐒𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐇𝐞𝐥𝐩

"...someone was leading them here..." you mumbled.

"But who?" the doctor asked nervously.

Unable to answer his question, you turned away from the others and began making your way back downstairs while they followed after you.

"We need to get out of here," you said.

"No shit. We'll die if we stay, nobody'll come to save us if they don't know we're here," Goro rambled.

"Goro, y'know where my motorcycle is parked right?" you asked turning back to him.

"Yeah?"

"I need you to find anything in this building that would help protect you on your way to the vehicle. Take the woman with you. Your number one priority is to protect her at all costs and make sure to get her back to the 1st zone as soon as possible and once you do, I need you to go over to the school and send help immediately," you explained while handing him a wooden bat you found nearby.

"Wait, hold on! What about me?" the doctor asked.

"Do y'know how to right a motorcycle?" you asked, raising a brow at him.

"No?"

"Then you're better off dead," you bluntly replied.

And with that you walked pass him, searching the area for anything useful that would help the two escape.

"Wait, what about you and Aito?" Goro asked worringly.

"We'll stay here and figure out a way to get somewhere safer. We'll deal with the old hag too, so you don't have to worry," you assured him. "But... we'll also clear the way for you two first since there's a flock of them out there. I doubt you'll manage to get through that crowd without us clearing a path for you."

"But-"

"Goro..." you cut him off. "...trust me."

The man was quiet for a second, a guilty look on his face but he complied and grabbed the bat before making his way towards the door with the woman following behind him. You watched as the two quietly made their way over to where you'd came from with Goro earlier and successfully got onto the bike.

He turned back around and nodded his head at you from the distance. You nodded back before sneaking outside, looking across the street to where the group of men had died and their weapons scattered around on the ground in front of them. You looked back at Aito, nodding your brow as you tilted your head as if telling him to follow behind you.

He nodded back in response before complying to your orders as the two of you quietly made your way across the streets with the doctor anxiously following behind Aito. You paused for a moment, your eyes widening once another zombie has come into view. It was just in the corner close by, feeding on human flesh.

Although distracted, you knew that if you made one wrong move it'll attract the beast and also cause a huge problem. As quietly as you could, you slowly crawled towards the closest weapon while keeping your eyes focussed on the beast as you reached for the axe only for the clumsy doctor behind Aito to stumble over his tracks and fall over with a loud THUMP.

The angered beast looks up while growling. Once it'd realized your presence, it roared like wild animal before getting up to charge at the three of you only for you to grab the axe and set it flying across the area 'till it plunged right into the zombie's head. The beast immediately fell silent as it fell back down and gagged 'till it finally died.

Although relieved that you took care of that part, you were instantly greeted by a crowd of other zombies making their way to the area after hearing the loud growl of their fellow kind. Letting out a sigh, you glared at the doctor before grabbing as many weapons you could get ahold of and threw them at the other two.

Standing back up, you took the lead as you take one step closer to the crowd, raising the submachine gun in one hand and fired it loudly to attract the zombies. Aito followed your lead as the two of you charged at the crowd while firing at the same time to clear a path for Goro and the woman to drive through safely back to the first zone.

The doctor who frightenedly followed after you two, grabbed the axe you'd used on the zombie earlier and swung it whatever beast came diving his way. You could hear Goro starting the vehicle behind you, the sound of the motorcycle growling echoed throughout the area as clouds of smoke escaped its muffler.

"YO! SOMETHING'S WRONG WITH YOUR SHIT!" Goro screamed, watching as the smoke escaped the muffler.

"Shit..." you mumbled. "I FORGOT TO GET IT FIXED! IT HAS BAD AIR FILTER!"

"SERIOUSLY?!"

"YOU BETTER HURRY BEFORE IT BREAKS DOWN!" Aito yelled.

"God... this is so not my day..." Goro complained. 

Starting up the vehicle once again, he speeds down the open area you've provided for him while holding off the beasts. They successfully made it through to the open road leading down to the second zone. As Aito watches them disappear into the distance, he immediately turns back to you.

"What now?!" he yelled.

Your eyes scanned the area until it landed on a ladder leading up to the 3rd zone's wall, blocking out everything that goes beyond on the outside which wasn't apart of Chiyoda's area. 

"OVER THERE!" you yelled, pointing at the wall.

"RUN! I'LL HOLD THEM OFF FOR A BIT!" Aito yelled, signalling the doctor to follow you.

Without hesitation and desperation for survival, the man darted down the streets right after you as you led him to the ladder and made sure he went up first while you waited for any sign of Aito to show up. It wasn't long until you found him dashing past the nearby buildings towards you while being chased by a bunch of hungry zombies.

You were a bit at ease now as you immediately started climbing up the ladder with him following behind you. You could hear the beasts growling as they jumped and tried to reach up and grab Aito who was below you. Grabbing out the revolver you'd hid in your backpocket, you aimed it at one of their heads and pulled the trigger, piercing a bullet into one of the zombie's forehead.

"Hurry up!" the doctor yelled from the top.

You then continued making your way to the top while Aito struggled to keep up with you but fortunately, you both manage to successfully make you way up, panting and gasping aggressively for air.

"You both alright?" you panted, eyeing out the two.

The doctor nodded back in response, and he clearly seemed ok and then your eyes landed onto Aito who immediately fell flat on his ass with an expression you couldn't even read.

""Oh well, fuck me...!" he gasped, staring down at his bleeding leg.

Your eyes followed his as you scanned down his body 'till it reached his wound. A bite mark...