𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟕: 𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐈𝐬 𝐒𝐡𝐞?

Speeding down the road as fast as he could, Goro instantly pulled over and got off the motorcycle, just a few meters away from the doctor's house and told the woman to go back to the house before he dashed down the streets towards the school. Once arriving at the front gates, he was immediately greeted by guards asking him to stop and state his business.

"I'm here to see the higher ups, it's something urgent!" he stated before trying to make his way through.

"Woah, woah! Hold it right there!" one of the guards stopped him. "Is this involving a family member? Sir, you gotta have to go over to the council and complain there because you won't be allowed through here."

"I'm a guard too!" Goro stated.

"Oh, really? That's great! Where's your badge?" the other guard smiled sarcastically.

"Listen, now is really not the time to-"

"Beat it, kid! Just take a hint already, only higher ranked division members can enter through here. Go back to the 3rd zone or something..." one guard scoffed.

Goro could hear the other guard giggling after hearing his friend's last statement and rolled his eyes annoyingly before tapping both of them on the shoulder. 

As they turned around angrily to yell at him, he jabbed them both in the face before grabbing one of them in the arm and pulled him in before blootering his knee into the man's stomach, then kicked him towards the other guard forcing them both onto the ground. 

With no time to waste, he immediately rushed towards the closed gate and climbed over the bars. The two guards got back up angrily. One called for backup and the other chased after Goro. 

→⩙←

"Oh, fuck me...!" Aito growled as he stared down at the wound on his leg.

Your eyes followed his as you scanned down his body from head to toe only to be left shocked once you've noticed bleeding bite mark on his left foot. He must've been bitten while climbing up the ladder.

"Z-ZOMBIE! THROW HIM OFF, HE'LL KILL US!" the doctor yelled.

"Ugh, fuck up for a second," you said glaring over at the man before heading over to Aito.

"Y/n, stay away. It might not be safe," Aito warned you worringly.

"I know."

Even while saying that, you crouched down and examined his wound. Aito tried to move away but you prevented him from doing it. 

"Stop moving," you growled.

He immediately paused but you could still tell that he didn't want you near Y/n.

"Y/n, please..." he muttered. "I've already hurt you enough... I don't wanna hurt you again..."

You blankly stared at him as he stared back with eyes full of regret. Granting his wish, you swept up his gun from his hand and stood up straight before pointing it at his head.

"Fine..." you respond, switching it in your grip before placing your index finger near the trigger, getting ready to pull it.

The look in your eyes seemed lifeless, as if you didn't give any fucks in the world what would happen to him. Aito was shocked though, he smiled and lowered his head, ready for you to pull the trigger. You could feel the sun slowly rising beside you as you quietly stood there, aiming the gun at his head.

"But before you pull the trigger... I wanna know something first," he murmured.

"What?"

"Do you..." he sighs, "...do you still love me?"