𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟎: 𝐍𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐓𝐚𝐬𝐤

"Fuck, what're we supposed to do now? We don't even know how many of them are out there and where they are," Takemichi groaned in frustration as he carressed his hair back in annoyance. "And the flashlights are no use since they only draw attention. How the hell are we supposed to get out of here?"

"Well, why don't we wait until daylight? It'll be easier..." David suggested.

"We can't afford to wait... by then, those Chuo assholes will eventually find us," Y/n sighed.

"Well then... what're we supposed to do?" Aria pouted.

A deafening silence filled the air as everyone stared at one another before Kakucho sighed and spoke up, "I'll go." He murmured.

"What?! No, you can't! It's too dangerous!" Y/n jumped.

"I agree with Y/n, it's far too dark and like Takemichi said, the flashlights aren't helping since they'll only attract attention, and you have a injured arm which makes it more risky," David frowned.

"Well Y/n has an injured leg, you can't run, we can't risk letting the other two women out, so what choice do we have?" Kakucho groaned.

"Him," Y/n spoke as she glared over at Takemichi who was perfectly unscatched.

"Wha-- Hey, no fair!" Takemichi jumped.

"I vote Takemichi," Y/n scoffed raising her hand.

"I vote Takemichi," David agreed.

"I vote for him too," Aria and her mother joined in, raising their hands.

"Kakucho, can you believe this?!" Takemichi gasped as he turned to Kakucho.

"Sorry buddy... but you're on your own for this one..." Kakucho chuckled as he also ends up raising his hand.

"Y'all are motherfu-"

Letting out a sigh, Takemichi now stood outside the van in silence with nothing but a flashlight in his hand which he hadn't turned on. 

"Psst..." Y/n called over from the window quietly as to not attract attention.

"What do you want woman...?" Takemichi groaned in annoyance, still feeling betrayed.

"We'll create some noise as a distractions, so move as far as you can from the van. Once we attract them here, you'll have run towards the building," she spoke.

"Ugh, fine..." Takemichi murmured as he began walking a few steps away from the van, careful to trip over something and fall or run into one of those beasts.

While he was busy doing what he was told, David got infront of the driver's seat and started beeping on the wheel, the noise of the van going off echoed throughout the are and attracted a lot of the zombies while he also flashed the headlights so that the beasts know where to find 'em. 

While they were all dashing towards the vehicle banging cluelessly and growling as they smeared their bloody faces all over the windows, Kakucho made sure all the doors were locked with the windows shut tight as they all held on tight in the van while Takemichi dashed right past them without the beasts noticing him as he ran right into the open building.

For the next few minutes, everyone stayed put in silence. The beeping stopped and the aheadlights were off as all the zombies scattered and started walking, crawling and running around cluelessly in the dark. The group stayed in silence, almost holding in their breathes as they waited for flashlight signal from inside the building, and once they saw it, Kakucho silently opened the door as quietly as he could before Y/n grabbed another flashlight and sent another signal back to Takemichi, telling him that the door was open.

Takemichi held in his breath before he turned on his flashlight in one hand and holding a bag full of everything he was supposed to find that would be helpful. Gripping it tightly as he hovered it over his shoulder, he inhaled in a lot of air before he darted straight out of the building, the sound of his heavy footsteps and his flashlight shining through the dark managed to attract a few zombies.

Then beasts growled and roared as they started dashing his way while Takemichi dodged any who came running his way, although is was a hundred times harder due to how dark it was. He dashes towards the van just in time before Kakucho closes the door, but one of the zombies had caught Takemichi by the shoes, biting into it and refusing to let go while Takemichi screamed and grabbed onto Y/n's hand.

"AAAAHHHHH! N/N, DO SOMETHING!" he shouted, almost like a scared little girl which somehow amuses Y/n. 

Kakucho grabbed the flashlight from Takemichi's hand and slammed it against the zombie's forehead as he managed to get the beast off and pulled Takemichi's feet in before he aggressively shoved the flashlight into the zombie's mouth and slammed the door shut before locking it.

Both Takemichi and Kakucho ends up gasping for air as Takemichi laid on the floor almost kissing Y/n's feet as he held the heavy bag of supplies, including petrol in his hand as he held it up with one final gasp, "Got it..."

"Good," Y/n spoke as she smiled down at him proudly. "Now all that's left is for you to head back outside and fill up the van."

...

"MOTHERFU-"