Ch43: DO YOU LOVE HIM?

'Why did I do that?...'

Rosalyn asked herself as she buried her face in a pile of pillows recalling what she did earlier.

"That was so childish...."

Rosalyn said as she caressed her red cheeks.

She couldn't help it she said such a sweet thing and in return, she received that blunt reply she was expecting way too much from Cale.

"That's on me...I shouldn't have expected too much..."

Rosalyn rolled on the pile of pillows and covered herself with the thick blanket the temperature was the same as when she left.

"I was so emotional...How embarrassing!"

*Knock, knock

"Miss someone came to see you..."

••••••

Cale who plans to relax could not relax at all he sat on the bed and tapped on his knee trying to figure out why Rosalyn walked out on him.

'That was walking out right?...she walked out on me...'

Cale then recalled the coldness of Rosalyn's eyes the more he recalled that sight the more shivers and bad feelings arose from inside of him.

On shook her head like a disappointed mother while watching her father scramble his brain trying to figure out what he did wrong.

Choi Han looked at On then at Cale who had been in the same position ever since Rosalyn walked out.

'Should I help him?...'

Choi Han asked himself earlier as he watched Rosalyn's big bright smile disappear into a sad one before it turned into an angry one.

The way her smile disappeared made Choi Han think of how much her feelings were hurt within that little second.

Choi Han sigh before opening his mouth just for Ron to cut him off.

"Cal__"
"Young master-nim what type of woman do you like?"

Asked Ron he was standing beside the doorway facing the direction of Cale's bed and he too saw the way Rosalyn's expression changed into three different types of expression that displays her emotions.

"I have none"

Cale answered while keeping a stoic look.

"Miss Rosalyn said the same thing earlier"

Ron said, with that word coming out of his mouth the children instantly understood what he was trying to do.

"Right! Miss Rosalyn said she didn't have any type of man she likes"

Hong exclaimed.

"Indeed, but it's odd how she said you were her type"

On said the following the cat siblings purposely made their tone sound dumb.

"Don't you get it she probably said that so the human won't feel hurt"

Raon gave Cale an idea but Raon was not done just yet.

"Wandering knights are masculine, brave, and hardworking men that must be her typ__"

Raon's words were cut by Choi Han, Hong, and On each shoving a cookie into his mouth, Raon's head tilted asking what he did wrong his eyes then grew wide as he realized what he just said.

He turned his head towards Cale who was staring at his hands he looks pissed, sad, and hurt at the same time.

"B-but she did say you were her type Cale-nim so..."

Choi Han was hesitant and turned his head towards Ron whose benign smile grew wider.

Choi Han signaled Ron.

'help in here you old geezer!!'

Ron's smile grew even wider as a response to the signal.

Which pissed off Choi Han even more Cale was staring at his skinny hand that was trembling in anger.

But then it hit him.

'Oh...she wanted me to say she was my...'
"Sigh..."

Cale cut his train of thought and rubbed the back of his head, light pink color was visible on his cheeks.

"How cute..."
"Ahem"

Ron let out a fake cough that hurriedly made Cale stand up from his bed with his ears going red.

'I didn't mean to say that out loud'

The people behind him especially his mischievous children had a teasing smirk on their faces.

"Ahem! Where is Rosalyn's room located?"

"Pen are you taking me on a walk so you can convince me to run away and hide?"

"Tsk..."

Rosalyn bluntly asked her younger brother Pen who clicked his tongue.
Rosalyn has a I know you best look she was right.

"Pen my dear brother I can't run, this child deserves to have a father and the father deserves to have the right to be near the child...so Pen get rid of your thoughts"

Rosalyn instantly made Pen get rid of all the ideas.

"Are you really sure?...you want to stay with that guy and give birth to his child from my point your someone who keeps your words"

Pen said as he recalled how his sister gave such a cheeky smile.

'And while I work as the tower master I'll introduce a handsome masculine man as you brother-in-law how about that?'

'NO!'

'Haahahaha I'm joking but that's a promise__'

'I don't want you to!'

'Alright, alright..but I might...'

'Sister stop it your breaking my heart...'

Pen had a depressing expression as he whine which made Rosalyn chuckle.

"You do know I was joking right?..."

Back to reality Rosalyn asked Pen while looking at him as if he had grown a second head.

"You were?.."

Pen throws the same expressions the smart Royal sibling of Breck look like a bunch of dumb kids.

"Pfft__Hahahaha you actually thought that was true?!"

Rosalyn laughed making Pen frown.

The sibling went quiet for a slight moment before Pen asked the question that has been bothering him.

"Sister are doing this because you love him?..."

Pen asked his question deliberately at the very end of his sentence he hinder a tear seeing the blushing red face of his sister.

There was no need for words Pen instantly understood the meaning of that red face.

"Ahem! Why don't we continue our walk..."

Rosalyn suggested as she calmed her heart down.

Rosalyn and Pen then stopped on their track seeing a red haired man with a somewhat furious look on his face.

"What's got into him...?"

Pen asked, Rosalyn for some reason had a bad feeling seeing Cale's expression.

'I don't feel threatened...'

Rosalyn thought, normally if Cale gets angry at someone they would feel threatened but Cale's angry face didn't match what he is feeling.