Chapter 7 - Lori Meets Alex

It is now just after 5PM, and for the rest of the afternoon Kara and Lori have actually just been coloring with each other, with the blonde putting aside her work for the day, deciding that the best thing she could do is spend time with her foster daughter, and bond with her further.

There is a knock at Kara and Lori's apartment door, disturbing Lori and Kara from the middle of their coloring session. Honestly, for Kara, the time has absolutely flown by, and she completely didn't notice that it is already just after 5PM.

"Oh Rao..... look at the time.... That must be Lena...." Kara says, as she stands up from having spent the last hour and a bit sitting on the floor with Lori.

Lori quickly gets up from the floor herself, and before Kara can even say anything, she runs over to the front door, opening it.

"Lori!" Kara yells.

Thankfully, Lena is the one that appears at the front door, instead of some stranger, which is what Kara was just worrying about.

"Lena!!!!!" Lori says, excitedly, quickly taking the brunette in for a hug.

Lena chuckles, and hugs Lori back.

"Hello, Lori." Lena says, with a smile.

Kara now joins Lena and Lori by the front door.

"Hello, Lee." Kara says.

"Hi, Kara." Lena smiles back.

Lena and Lori then end their hug, and the brunette then proceeds to walk into the apartment, shutting the door behind her, with Lori staying by her side.

"Lori..." Kara says, with a sigh, and in a firm voice.

Lori now turns to look at Kara, with a confused expression on her face.

"Yes?" Lori says.

"You can't go opening the door by yourself. It could have been a stranger." Kara says, hating that she has to discipline Lori for the second time. Kara just worries that if she has to continue to discipline Lori, then Lori will grow not to like her.

"But.... you said it was Lena..." Lori replies, confused.

Kara sighs, and then gets down onto her knees so that she is Lori's height.

"No. I said 'that must be Lena'." Kara explains, "Which means I thought it would likely have been her, but I didn't know for certain."

"Oh...." Lori replies, now biting her lip slightly.

"Look...." Kara says, with another sigh, "I understand that there is going to be a bit of an adjustment period with you living here with me, and I don't want to come off as mean, and like I'm always telling you what to do. But you cannot answer the door on your own, okay? It's purely to keep you safe, as it could have been a stranger."

"Kara's right, Lori." Lena says, backing up her best friend, and woman who she is going to go on a date with very soon.

"Yes.... okay..... I'm sorry....." Lori says, now in a timid voice.

"Thank you for apologising, and understanding." Kara says, and then takes her foster daughter in for a tight hug.

Lori hugs Kara back, wrapping her arms around Kara's neck. Kara then gets to her feet, now carrying Lori, who continues to hug her. Lena simply watches on, being so very happy to see the sight of Kara and Lori getting along so well, and clearly having bonded a lot already.

"Come on Lori." Kara says, as she walks into the living room area, still holding the 7-year-old, "Why don't you collect all your coloring things, and then put them away in your room. As we don't want them in the way while Lena and my sister are here, do we?"