Chapter 53 - Finale Part 1

It is now later on in the evening, and Eliza has gone back to Kelly and Alex's to spend the night, so that Lena and Kara can have some alone time with their daughter, before tomorrow, which will be the results of the trial. On the Alex, J'onn and Brainy side of things, the group have continued to search for more evidence in regards to Cameron Dennis, to find proof that he killed Lori's father, but so far, from what Kara has been told, they have not come up with anything concrete. However, Brainy and J'onn have told Kara that they will still be working through the night, and all the way up to the results of the trial tomorrow, as the two of them do not really need to sleep as much, but Alex certainly does. Kara, for her part, still has some hope that her friends find some evidence on Cameron Dennis, and his links with Stephen Andrews, but at this point, Kara knows that she will just have to rely on the results of the trial itself.

Even though today was a really good day for them at the trial, with Cat's testimony on her behalf being the cream of the crop, Kara is still nervous about tomorrow. The one thing that keeps going through Kara's head, and has been going through Kara's mind ever since she found out this trial would happen, is the fact that she is not blood related to Lori, but Stephen Andrews is. Kara knows that in so many cases the child has gone to the blood relation, even in times where it would have just been more suitable for the child to go to the person he or she is not related to. So, Kara is just very worried that maybe despite how good her side presented things, the judge will just not be able to see past the blood relationship link to Lori.

Presently, bedtime for Kara, Lena and Lori is only a few minutes away, and they are all cuddling on the couch together, with Lori sitting between the two women she loves more than anything. Kara and Lena haven't told Lori about how the trial is going or anything, and haven't even mentioned that the result of it are tomorrow. Neither Kara or Lena want to worry Lori. So, they are just acting like everything is fine. That doesn't stop Kara and Lena from being a little sentimental in this moment though.

"Lori?" Kara eventually says, deciding there is something that she wants to say to Lori.

"Yeah?" Lori replies, while still resting her head on Kara's side, while holding one of Lena's hands.

"I want to talk to you about something. And.... ask you if something will be okay with you." Kara says.

"What?" Lori asks, with a bit of a concerned look on her face.

"It's nothing, bad. I promise." Kara replies.

"Okay." Lori nods.

"I was wondering...... how would you feel if moving forward you had two mommies. Me..... and Lena?" Kara says.

Lori's eyes slightly widen at Kara saying this to her, before she turns to look at Lena.

"You'd be my mommy too?" the 7-year-old asks Lena, with some clear excitement in her voice.

"Only if you'd want me to be." Lena replies.

In response to Lena saying that, Lori literally jumps from snuggling with Kara, to being on top of Lena, and taking her in for a big hug.

"Yes! Yes! Yes!" Lori says, as she hugs Lena, "I want you both to be my mommies. I've wanted you to be my mommy and adopt me for so long, Lena."

Lena can't help but grow some tears in her eyes at Lori saying this to her, while Kara does the same, just watching the sight of Lori hugging Lena, with a small smile on her face.

"I know you have darling." Lena replies, as she hugs Lori back, "but moving forward, mommy and I hope that I will soon get to adopt you too. Then both of us can be your two parents."

"So, we will be a family together?" Lori asks, as she looks up at Lena.

"Yes. I guess we will be." Lena says, with a loving smile.