Chapter 42 - Court Date

Kara and Lena both head into Lori's room to wake the young girl up from her nap, the two girlfriends being in a much better place right now, after they have had their talk, and really cleared the air between the two of them. Lena, for her part, just feels so much better, as after talking with Kara, it really feels like a weight has been lifted from her chest. Then, as for Kara, now that she has talked with Lena, she knows that it is going to be easy to eventually forgive the brunette for everything she has done. Kara loves Lena far too much to be angry at her for too long.

"Lori, it's time to wake up, my baby." Kara says, as she strokes Lori's side, while sitting on the bed.

"Hhmhmmmhmhm...." Lori mumbles.

"Baby, you need to wake up now, otherwise you won't go to sleep tonight." Kara says, in another soft voice.

"Hhhkhmhmhmhmmm...." Lori mumbles, again.

Kara chuckles lightly, before then glancing at Lena, who is just standing next to her, allowing Kara to be the one to wake up Lori.

"Go ahead, why don't you wake her?" Kara suggests, with a smile.

"Really?" Lena says, surprised.

"Sure." Kara nods, "I'm pretty sure if she realises you are here, she'll wake up really quickly."

Kara then stands up from the bed, and allows Lena to take a seat on the bed next to Lori.

"Lori, darling, it's time to wake up." Lena says, in a soft voice, just like Kara's.

"Hhmhmhmhmm..." Lori mumbles, before rolling over, and looking at Lena, slowly opening her eyes. "Lena?"

"Yes, darling. I'm here." Lena says, with a loving smile.

Lori then tiredly rubs her eyes, before outstretching her arms, showing Lena that she wants a hug, which the CEO is more than happy to do.

Lena and Lori then proceed to hug for the next minute, but Lena soon realises that if they continue like this for too long then Lori will probably just fall back to sleep. So, Lena simply picks Lori up in her arms, and begins to carry her out of the room. As Lena does this, Kara just has a happy smile on her face, loving just how much Lena absolutely adores and loves Lori. Kara is well aware that they already make a sort of nice little family. Something that is truly worthy fighting for, even in this case if it's not as Supergirl.

"Hello, baby." Kara says to Lori, placing a kiss on one of Lori's cheeks as Lena carries her out of the room.

Lori simply mumbles happily at Kara doing that.

Lena then proceeds to carry Lori into the living room, and sits down on one of the couches, with Kara sitting next to Lori and Lena. Upon doing this, Kara can see that Lori is still basically trying to sleep, resting her head on Lena's shoulder, and closing her eyes.

"Baby, you can't go back to sleep. Don't you want to spend the evening with me and Lena?" Kara says.

"Hmmm.... kay." Lori mumbles, but makes no attempt to actually stay awake.

Kara chuckles at Lori doing that.

"I tell you what, if you wake up now, later, when we all go to bed, you can sleep with Lena and I again." Kara says.

Lori quickly opens her eyes at Kara saying that.

"Okay." Lori says.

Both Kara and Lena chuckle at Lori's almost immediate reaction.

After this, Kara, Lena and Lori just sit on the couch for a while, as Lori continues to wake up, with them chatting a little bit. Eventually though, they are disturbed by Kara's stomach rumbling, seeing as it's close to 5:30 by this point.