Chapter 23 - Second Date

Kara, Lena and Lori are now all arriving at Kelly and Alex's apartment, although it seems like it will be now known as Kelly, Alex and Esme's apartment. After leaving Kara and Lori's place, just like they planned, the trio made a stop to Big Belly Burger, where they picked up an order of burgers for everyone. Throughout this, Kara and Lena both noticed how Lori was clinging to both of them, holding both of their hands at the same time. It simply made them both so very happy.

"Kara, Lena, Lori." Kelly smiles, as she opens the front door to her home.

"Hey, Kelly." Kara smiles back, "We brought you guys lunch."

"Ooooo. That's very nice of you." Kelly smiles.

Kara, Lori and Lena then walk into the apartment, with Kelly closing the door behind them.

"Where is Esme?" Lena asks.

"Alex is just getting her settled in her bedroom." Kelly explains.

"Can I go and see her?" Lori asks, in a cute voice.

"Sure." Kelly smiles, "How about you come with me to check and see what Alex and Esme are doing."

"Yes." Lori nods.

Lori then follows Kelly out of the living room area of the apartment, and in towards a bedroom which Alex and Esme are currently inside of.

"Esme!" Lori exclaims, and goes running towards the girl.

Esme turns and looks at Lori, growing a smile on her face, before taking Lori in for a hug.

"Hi." Esme smiles, happily.

Lori and Esme then continue to hug for a little while, with Alex and Kelly watching on with smiles on their faces. Both Alex and Kelly know that Lori and Esme are essentially cousins now, so it's nice to see them bonding with each other already.

"Do you like your new room?" Lori asks, once she parts from the hug with Esme.

"Yes." Esme nods, "It's much nicer than my other bedroom in the other home I lived in."

"Yes. My bedroom at my home is nicer than the other home I lived in before too." Lori says.

"Do you want to have a sleepover with me?" Esme asks, cutely.

"Yes." Lori nods, eagerly.

Alex and Kelly's hearts warm at Esme asking Lori that.

"We'll make sure to arrange something with Kara then, for Lori to have a sleepover here sometime soon." Alex says, with a smile.

"Okay." Esme nods, happily.

"Anyway, Kara and Lena are also here, and they brought us some nice burgers to have for lunch." Kelly says.

"Yes." Lori says, "Esme, we didn't know what type of Burger you would like, so we got all sorts of different kinds, because whatever ones you don't want to eat, Kara will eat. She has a big appetite because she's......"

Lori then trails off, realising that she can't tell other people, even Esme, that Kara is Supergirl.

"Because she loves food that much." Alex says.

Meanwhile, back out in the living room, Kara and Lena have placed the bags of food on the coffee table, and are unpacking it all, working together in harmony. As the two do this, they can't help but smile at one another.

"Now that Lori is out of earshot, is it too soon to ask you on a second date?" Lena asks Kara.

"No." Kara smiles, widely, "As far as I'm concerned, you can plan infinite dates with me Lena. I have no intentions of ever going on a date with anyone else.... I uhmmmmm..... I hope you feel the same."