Chapter 32 - Christmas Day Part 1

"Esme! Esme! Wake up!" Lori says, as she rocks Esme's body.

"Hmmmm huh?" Esme replies, as she slowly opens her eyes and looks at Lori.

"It's Christmas!" Lori says, excitedly.

Esme looks at Lori for a few moments, before then glancing at the window of the bedroom, and seeing that it is still pitch black.

"What.... time is it?" Esme asks.

"I don't know. But I woke up, that means it's Christmas." Lori says, still excitedly.

"I think it's too early, Lori." Esme replies, "Look, it's still dark."

Lori now turns and looks outside, noticing how dark it is still.

"But it's dark in the mornings this time of year anyway." Lori replies, now turning to look at Esme with a disappointed look on her face.

"Not this dark." Esme argues.

"But..... I woke up.... and I don't want to go back to bed." Lori pouts, in almost the exact same way Kara does at times.

"Do you want to share this bed with me? And we can wait for morning together?" Esme asks, cutely.

"Yeah, okay." Lori nods, with a happy smile.

Esme then proceeds to open up the covers, and Lori then quickly gets under them, joining Esme in the bed.

"Are you excited for Christmas, Esme?" Lori asks, clearly still very excited, and not ready to attempt to go back to sleep.

"Yes." Esme replies, but in a bit of a sleepy voice, showing that the alien girl does want to go back to sleep, "I've never had a family before to have Christmas with. I like that I have one now."

"Me neither." Lori says, "Well.... I did have the foster family I used to live with.... But they weren't really my parents, not like how Kara is my mom. And they had other kids, who were their actual kids, who they focused more on on Christmas anyway."

"We can have our first Christmas with our family together." Esme replies, still tiredly.

"Yeah." Lori nods, "Because we are family now too."

"Yes." Esme replies.

The cousins then soon fall silent, with the two drifting back off to sleep a few moments later, ending up completely snuggled together, each with smiles on their faces as they sleep.

*****************************

At around 8:30AM Kara wakes up, and she sees that Lena is still snuggled with her in the bed they are sharing. So, Kara simply decides to just take the next few minutes to take Lena's beauty in, and think about all the things Lena makes her feel. Eventually, Kara decides to be romantic, and wake Lena up with a kiss on her lips. Lena, for her part, doesn't even wake up as Kara kisses her, but she still kisses Kara back, instinctively. Eventually though, Lena does wake, and happily puts more passion into their kiss.

"Morning." Lena smiles, lovingly.

"Morning." Kara smiles back, "Merry Christmas."

"Merry Christmas to you too." Lena smiles, "That was a very nice way to wake up."

"I thought it might be." Kara smiles back.

"It certainly was." Lena replies.

The two girlfriends then simply snuggle with each other for a little while, not saying anything else, just relaxing and everything.

"So, do you have any idea how today is going to go? What the plan is?" Lena asks.

"Hmmmm..... kind of. Eliza hasn't given me any details, but I expect that we are all going to go downstairs, unwrap our presents, have something nice for breakfast, and then all get dressed into some fancy clothes, and have a nice Christmas dinner which Eliza will cook for us. At least, that is what usually happens." Kara says.