Chapter 18 - Roast Dinner

It is now the following day, the Sunday where Kara is hosting a family roast dinner at her apartment, with Lena, Alex, Kelly, Esme, Eliza, Lori and herself attending. Admittedly, a part of Kara does feel bad about not inviting J'onn, Nia and Brainy, but at the end of the day, Kara still feels it's very important to not overwhelm Lori, as the 7-year-old is going to be meeting 2 new people today, in Kelly and Esme, which she really hopes goes well. Kara, for her part, is very excited to meet Esme too, because she knows that Alex and Kelly must be extremely excited by the prospect of being able to adopt Esme, and call her their daughter. Kara just knows Esme is going to be the cutest girl in the entire world, obviously not including Lori.

Right now, Kara is just waking up, but not because she just naturally woke up. Kara is just waking up now, because she can feel Lori moving a bit in her arms, which signals to the blonde that Lori is awake now too. So, Kara slowly begins to open her eyes, and moves about a bit, and then sees Lori still laying with her, snuggled close to her, but looking up into her eyes.

"Morning." Kara smiles, looking into Lori's beautiful eyes, feeling so much love right now, "Did you sleep well?"

"Yeah." Lori nods, and then snuggles further into Kara.

Kara chuckles.

"Do I make a good pillow?" Kara asks, with a smile.

"Yes. I like sleeping with you." Lori says.

"Well, I'm glad." Kara smiles, and then moves her head to place a kiss on the top of Lori's head.

Kara and Lori then continue to snuggle and relax in the bed for another 5 minutes, simply enjoying snuggling together like this. However, eventually Kara knows that they will both have to get up, because they need to prepare everything for the roast dinner this afternoon, and Kara knows that if she doesn't get up, Eliza will go about doing it herself, and Kara doesn't want that.

"Alright, Lori." Kara says, "We have to get up now."

"Owwww." Lori says, with a pout.

Kara's heart feels so good at Lori pouting like that, as she knows it's because Lori wants to continue to snuggle with her.

"I'm sorry, little one." Kara says, placing another kiss on the top of Lori's head, "But we have to get up now, as remember everyone is coming over for the roast dinner this afternoon, where you will be meeting Alex's girlfriend, Kelly, for the first time, and Kelly and Alex's potentially adopted daughter, Esme."

"Yes, okay." Lori replies, but in sad voice.

"Hey, why are you acting all sad? You want to see everyone, right?" Kara asks.

"Yes. I do." Lori replies, "I just.... I like sleeping and cuddling with you."

Kara now grows a very sympathetic look on her face.

"I'll tell you what..... we'll probably not have everything with your room ready today.... So..... maybe that means you'll have to sleep with me again tonight too." Kara says, "How does that sound?"

"YES!!!" Lori says, nodding her head eagerly.

Kara chuckles.

"Okay." Kara smiles, "But we can't do this every night. After tonight, you'll have to go back to sleep in your own bed, otherwise decorating your room was kind of pointless."

"I will. I promise, Kara." Lori says.

"Alright, good girl." Kara smiles, and this time leans down and places a kiss on one of Lori's cheeks, "Now, let's get up and go see what Eliza is up to."