Chapter 28 - Midvale

About an hour and a bit after leaving the diner, Kara, Lena and Lori finally pull up on Eliza's drive in Midvale. It's starting to get a bit dark now, but it's not too dark where the street lights have come on. Kara thinks that they arrived in Midvale just in time.

"We're here!" Kara calls out, turning around to look at Lori who has been dozing in the back seat of Lena's car for the last hour.

"Ghnhnhnmmm?" Lori mumbles.

Kara and Lena look at each other and chuckle.

"Why don't you get her, and I'll grab our bags?" Lena smiles.

"No. You did the driving, and I have super strength. You take Lori, I'll get all our bags." Kara says.

"Okay." Lena smiles.

Kara and Lena then get out of the car, with Lena getting Lori out of the car, just as Kara suggested, and taking Lori into her arms, while Kara grabs the bags.

"Wake up, darling. We are here in Midvale." Lena says, as she slightly bounces Lori in her arms.

Lori slowly begins to rub her eyes, before looking around, and noticing the big house they are now in front of, which is opposite a big lake.

"It's pretty." Lori says.

"Yeah, it is." Lena smiles.

Kara joins Lena and Lori, with bags in hand, and the trio then begin to walk up towards the front door of the house. Before they can even knock on the front door though, Eliza appears, with a big smile on her face.

"Girls! You're here!" Eliza smiles happily.

"Hey, Eliza." Kara smiles, taking Eliza in for a hug first, and giving her a kiss on one of her cheeks.

"Hello, dear, how are you?" Eliza says.

"Good." Kara replies.

"That's lovely to hear." Eliza replies, "We can talk more a little later."

Eliza then turns her attention to Lena and Lori.

"Hello, Lena. Hello Lori." Eliza smiles.

"Hi, Eliza." Lena smiles, "Thank you for inviting me up here."

"Of course, Lena. You're part of the family." Eliza says, as she gives Lena a little hug, before looking at Lori, "And how are you, little one?"

"Tired." Lori mumbles.

Eliza chuckles.

"She slept a lot on the car ride over. She shouldn't sleep any more, or she won't sleep tonight." Kara says.

Eliza nods her head.

"Oooo.... and what happened here?" Eliza says, pointing to Lori's bandaged leg.

"I hurt myself." Lori says, with a pout.

"Before we left, she fell over and got a bloody knee." Lena explains.

"Oh, that's horrible. How about you come with me, and I'll go redress your knee?" Eliza asks, "If you're good, I can give you a little treat."

"Okay." Lori smiles.

Lori then reaches out her arms towards Eliza, clearly signalling for the Danvers matriarch to carry her, which surprises everyone, seeing as Lori has only met Eliza on the one occasion for a few days. Eliza though, doesn't show that she's surprised, and just takes Lori from Lena's arms, and into her own, holding her close to her chest.

"Here we go." Eliza smiles, and places a kiss on the top of Lori's head, "While we change your bandage, you can tell me all about what you'd like for Christmas."