Chapter 41 - Day with Lori

After Lena leaves Kara and Lori's apartment for the morning, Kara keeps Lori occupied by helping the young girl shower and everything. However, usually Kara will simply let Lori shower by herself, as seeing as she is 7-years-old, she is more than capable of showering by herself. This time though, seeing as Kara knows that Lori is still down and upset over everything, Kara decided that she and Lori could shower together, in her shower. This ended up with Kara and Lori playing a bit in the shower, with Kara washing Lori's hair, and making it into the shape of a unicorn horn with all of the soap, much to Lori's amusement. Then, in response to this, Kara allows Lori to play with her hair, while washing it with the soap, with the superhero getting down onto her knees in the shower, and allowing Lori to play, which also made the girl smile.

Eventually, after a little while of playing, Kara and Lori get out of the shower, and each change into some comfortable clothes for the day. Kara has already contacted CatCo to let them know that she won't be working today, because she has an issue with her daughter, and then has also told them that she will be working from home tomorrow. That all means that, at least for today, Kara will have no work that she needs to do, and she can just focus all her attention on her daughter, and the 7-year-old's emotional needs right now. Kara knows that the day after Lori has found out everything, is likely to be the day where Lori will end up being the most emotional, as with time, Lori will get used to the news, even if it still upsets her and everything.

"Alright baby." Kara says, as she and Lori walk back into the living room, once they are both dressed, "What do you want to do now? We can do anything you like. We could go to a park and run around and play. Or we could stay inside and do some colouring or something. Or alternatively we could play a game, or just do anything else. It's completely up to you."

Once Kara finishes speaking, Lori simply looks at Kara for a few moments, with a bit of a timid look on her face. Kara can clearly see that without the distractions of getting dressed and showering and everything, Lori is emotional once more.

"Can we..... just cuddle..... and watch a movie?" Lori asks, in a cute voice.

After Lori says this, Kara literally feels her heart clench, for so many different reasons. It makes Kara feel, again, just how much she loves and adores Lori. Honestly, Kara never realised that she could love someone else this way, but she guesses that is what every parent feels once they become parents.

"Of course we can, baby." Kara says, "We can just sit and cuddle for the next few hours, and maybe watch a few different movies. Then, afterwards, it will probably be time for us to go and have lunch with Lena. And when we do, we can choose any lunch option you like to bring with us to Lena's office."

"Okay." Lori says, with a small smile, clearly liking the sound of all that.

"Good." Kara smiles back.

Lori and Kara then both get settled onto one of Kara's couches, with them both moving into a sort of lying down position, and Lori acting as the little spoon, with Kara wrapping her arms around Lori, to hold her tightly, and make the young girl just feel her presence and everything. Then, once they are both in this position, Kara switches on a Disney movie of Lori's choosing, which they both begin watching.

For the next few hours, Kara and Lori simply stay laying on the couch, watching a couple of movies, with Lori not making a move to part from Kara's side at all. Kara knows that it all means that Lori just really doesn't want to not be near her or anything, because of the news. Kara is well aware that this may just lead to some attachment issues which Lori might have with her, which is one of the reasons that Kara didn't want to tell Lori about everything that is happening in the first place. Kara has literally just made the move to start Lori in therapy, to deal with her issues related to her father's death and everything, this will just add to all that, and make resolving and dealing with everything all the more difficult for the 7-year-old.