Chapter 13 - Alex & Lori

It is now about an hour later, and Alex and Lori are currently starting their day by taking a nice little walk in the park, all while they hold hands. So far today, after Kara left for work, Alex made sure to feed Lori breakfast, and then help her have a shower and get dressed. After that, Alex laid out her plans for what they are going to do today, which Lori seemed very happy about.

"I heard you had a bad dream last night, Lori." Alex says, as the two of them continue to walk through the park, holding hands.

After Alex says this, the redhead notices Lori slightly bite on her lip, clearly in a nervous manner.

"We don't have to talk about it, if you don't want to." Alex says, wanting to give Lori the option.

"I don't want to." Lori says, "I talked about it with Kara."

"Okay. That's fine." Alex nods, "But I want you to know, if you ever need someone to talk to, who isn't Kara, or Lena, you can talk to me, about absolutely anything."

Lori smiles happily at Alex saying that, while the redhead knows that she just sort of did one of the first things that aunts do, as she knows that Lori will be her niece officially one day.

"I will. Thank you, Alex." Lori replies.

"You're very welcome, honey." Alex smiles back, looking into Lori's eyes.

Alex can tell with every moment that she spends with Lori; she falls more and more in love with her. Alex can very clearly see why Lena was so extremely taken with her, and why Kara is now.

After this, Alex and Lori continue to walk through the park, and eventually they come across a woman walking towards them with about 7 dogs, all on leads. Alex, however, notices Lori's tighten her grip on her hand, while she is also looking anxiously at the dogs.

"Lori? Is everything okay?" Alex asks, in a concerned voice.

Lori turns and looks up at Alex, with an extremely worried look on her face. Once Alex sees this, Lori doesn't have to say anything, the redhead knows that something is wrong.

"Is it the dogs?" Alex asks, as she and Lori continue to walk closer to the woman with the 7 dogs, their being about a 20 foot space between them now.

"Yes." Lori says, in an extremely nervous voice, looking at the dogs, and nodding her head.

"Okay." Alex says, and then looks around.

Currently Alex is just looking for a place for the two of them to move to the side so they can be away from the dogs, so they don't come anywhere near Lori. However, unfortunately, Alex and Lori are currently in a place in the park where there are a bunch of trees to one side, stopping them from walking that way, and then the other side of the path has a metal fence pressed up against it. This all means that Lori and Alex literally have nowhere to go. Eventually, though, just as they are about 10 feet from the first dog, Alex comes up with an idea.

"Lori, I know you are a bit old for it, but would it be okay if I picked you up?" Alex asks.

Lori quickly nods her head, and then turns to Alex and opens her arms, signalling for the redhead to pick her up. In response, Alex quickly takes Lori into her arms, and brings her as high above the ground as she can. As a result of this, Lori now has her arms wrapped around Alex's neck, and has buried her head into the redhead's shoulder.

"It's okay, Lori." Alex says.

Alex then carefully walks by the several dogs, and the person walking them, making sure not to do anything to actively get one of the dog's attentions. The last thing Alex wants is for one of the dogs to suddenly get interested in her and Lori and jump up at them. Thankfully though, all that happens is Alex and the woman walking the dogs exchange a smile, and they quickly pass each other. After that, Alex keeps Lori in her arms for another 20 feet, just to make sure they are far enough past the dogs. Although, admittedly, despite how Lori is clearly a bit scared, Alex is enjoying holding Lori in her arms, it is making her heart beat faster, and she is, again, falling more in love with this 7-year-old.