Chapter 35 - Kara Meets the Lawyer

It is now the following day, the day that Kara speaks to Lena's lawyers about her situation with Lori for the first time. Kara really isn't looking forward to today, but she knows it's something she has to do to fight for Lori, and she really does plan to truly fight for Lori. Lori is her daughter, Kara doesn't care what any judge or courts or lawyers say, Lori is hers now, and she's Lori's mommy. Kara would go to the absolute ends of the Earth to fight for Lori, and that fight begins now.

Once Kara wakes up, she gets out of bed, and leaves Lena alone to sleep for a little while longer. Ever since Kara and Lena have begun dating, Kara is more than happy to allow Lena to sleep for longer, simply because she knows that usually, when Lena is at work as CEO of L-Corp, she wakes up very early. Then that is on top of Lena going to bed late, meaning she doesn't ever get very much sleep, certainly not the recommended 8 hours a night.

After Kara leaves Lena sleeping in her bedroom, instead of going into the kitchen, to start making breakfast for everyone, Kara heads in the direction of Lori's room. Kara then carefully opens the door to Lori's room, not wanting to wake the 7-year-old, before creeping inside, and putting the door to behind her. After this, Kara slowly approaches Lori's bed, and simply stands there admiring her daughter for the next few moments. Kara admires Lori as she looks so peaceful as she sleeps, like she doesn't have a care in the world, which is all the Kara can hope of Lori as her mother.

Eventually, after a couple of minutes, Kara moves to lay down next to Lori on the bed. Even though Lori is sleeping, in response to this, the 7-year-old snuggles closer to Kara, almost as if it's a perfectly natural thing that the two of them have been doing for all of Lori's life, instead of a few months.

Kara continues to lay there with Lori for the next few moments, until she eventually hears the sound of Lena getting up, out of bed, thanks to her super hearing. Kara however doesn't move or anything, she just continues to lay with Lori, all the way until she sees Lena poking her head inside Lori's room. Once Kara sees this, she offers her girlfriend a little smile, causing Lena to step further into the room too.

"Hey." Lena says, in a soft voice.

"Hi. Come lay with us." Kara whispers.

"Are you sure?" Lena asks, knowing that she doesn't want to overstep or anything. Lena knows that Kara deserves her alone time with Lori.

"Yeah." Kara replies, with a nod of her head.

Lena doesn't say anything in response to this, instead she just nods her head, and walks to the other side of the bed to where Kara is laying, before laying down next to Lori too.

Kara and Lena then continue to stay like this for the next several minutes, soaking it all in, for obvious reasons. Eventually though, Lori begins to wake up, and as she does, she snuggles even further closer to Kara.

"Hmmhmgmmm Mommy?" Lori mumbles.

"Yes. I'm here." Kara says, in a soft voice, as she strokes one of Lori's cheeks.

"Ghgm." Lori mumbles, as she smacks her lips a little, and snuggles even further into Kara once more.

"Lena's here too, my little one." Kara says.

"Lena.." Lori mumbles, and then reaches one of her arms out towards Lena.

Lena, in turn, takes Lori's hand into her own, and leans down to place a kiss on the 7-year-old's arm.

"I'm here too, darling." Lena says, in a loving voice.

In response, Lori mumbles something again, in her tired voice, which neither Kara nor Lena understand.

"Let's lay here for a little while longer. But then we will all have to get up." Kara says.

"Hghmmm okay." Lori mumbles.