Chapter 40 - Morning Cuteness

It is now the following morning, and Kara is the first one to wake up out of herself, Lori and Lena, this is mostly because she is an alien and needs a lot less sleep than the two humans who are lying beside her. This is on top of the fact that Lori and Lena likely tired themselves out yesterday from all the crying, and drinking, each of them did respectably. So, once Kara wakes up, after spending a little while just looking at Lena and Lori, and seeing the two still cuddle together, Kara slowly makes her way out of the bed, shifting Lori even more towards Lena, and heads into her bathroom, to do her business, before heading out into her main living room area to prepare everyone some breakfast.

Even though it is a weekday, and Lori should be in school today, Kara is going to allow her daughter to lie in for as long as she likes, because she doesn't actually plan to take Lori to school today, as she doesn't think it's a good idea after yesterday, with Lori finding out everything. Kara just worries that Lori might still be very emotional over it all, and she wouldn't want to send Lori off to school, only to get a call from the school in the middle of the day, letting her know that Lori is crying. Of course, Kara wouldn't be bothered by the phone call itself, but by the fact that Lori is crying without her being close by in the first place. So, with all that in mind, Kara thinks it's just a good idea all round to keep Lori out of school until she is confident that the 7-year-old isn't going to have an emotional breakdown, not that Kara would blame her if she did. In fact, Kara actually thinks that if she were in Lori's place, and someone tried to take her away from the Danvers family, after she had just arrived on Earth, and began to live with them, she would have been in an even worse emotional state than Lori was. Although, Kara is pretty sure if that did happen, Alex would have never let her leave. Her sister would have hidden her away somewhere so that no one could take her away from them, even if it meant she got into serious trouble, and Kara guesses that that is what she possibly may have to do with Lori now, if everything does go wrong.

Over the next few minutes, Kara begins to prepare the breakfast that she is going to make herself, Lori and Lena, deciding that she will stick with making what she knows best, pancakes, with her cutting up some fruit too, to act as some sort of healthy toppings. Then while Kara does this, she also thinks about what she is going to say to Lena, after everything the CEO did yesterday. Kara is still mad with her girlfriend, and for multiple reasons now. Firstly, Kara is mad with Lena because she decided to come out and potentially blackmail Stephen Andrews with that information, which now may fall back on her and Lori, even after she told Lena that she didn't want to do anything like that. Then secondly, Kara is mad at Lena because the brunette didn't talk with her about it before the meeting with Stephen Andrews and his lawyers, she just went ahead, after talking with Alex, and blurted everything out. It makes Kara think that Lena only did it that way because she knew if she spoke to her about it beforehand, she would have told Lena not to do it. So, all of that just makes Kara even more annoyed at Lena, as it almost feels like Lena doesn't trust her, and maybe isn't willing to speak with her about things they disagree about. Kara knows that for a relationship, in the long run, that is not a good thing, and a red flag. However, the final thing that Kara is mad at Lena about, is the fact that she turned up drunk last night. Kara does understand that Lena, of course, has a life outside of her and Lori, and she is allowed to drink and everything, and even get drunk. But even when she is in that sort of state, Kara still does expect Lena to be somewhat responsible. Kara knows that Lena turning up drunk last night could have gone terribly wrong, and blown back on Lori, simply due to a slip of the tongue from Lena or something. So, Kara is very much annoyed that Lena just didn't tell her she had been drinking, when she first phoned her, as that would have then given her the option to tell Lena to not come over. But also, Kara is annoyed at Lena's drunkenness, for the reason that the CEO got drunk in the first place. It annoys Kara that after they have got into a fight, Lena just has to turn to drink to deal with things. Kara doesn't think Lena is an alcoholic or anything, but she does think that Lena doesn't have healthy coping mechanisms to deal with certain issues. Then, in turn, Kara is concerned that seeing as Lena's first instinct is to turn to drink, after one fight, that the brunette is not suitable to be a backup for Lori, in case something happens to her. With everything that is going on, Kara thinks that Lena should know that she may be needed by Lori at a moments notice, so she shouldn't just get drunk as a way to cope. It's all just very confusing and annoying to Kara, which makes it even more difficult when she thinks about what she is actually going to say to Lena.