Chapter 50 - Kara Questioned

Kara now sits there nervously, waiting for Cameron Dennis to ask his first question of her. Kara knows this is going to be draining, but she also knows she is doing this for Lori, so she has to fight through the draining nature of these questions, and just think about her 7-year-old daughter.

"Miss Danvers." Cameron Dennis begins, "You have previously mentioned that the current apartment you are living in was renovated for you by Miss Lena Luthor, who also has ties to Lori. How can we be sure that you'll be able to continue to provide a suitable home for Lori if Miss Luthor decides to no longer support you financially. As you previously alluded to the fact you would have found it difficult to find an apartment for both you and Lori."

"Objection! Speculation!" Mark says, standing up.

"Sustained." Judge Burgess says, "Mr Dennis, please refrain from making further speculative comments. Just ask the questions you need to ask."

"Yes, of course. My apologies." Cameron Dennis says, with a nod of his head, "But I believe I finished with my question for Miss Danvers."

"Uhh... Well, to answer your question, I firstly want to say that the suggestion that I financially need Lena's support is wrong. Lena did a very nice, and amazing, thing by renovating my apartment, turning it from a one-bedroom apartment to a three-bedroom apartment. However, even without Lena's help, I would have been able to afford a two-bedroom apartment for myself and Lori. Just as I'm able to financially afford to provide for Lori, and give her everything that she needs." Kara says.

"Okay." Cameron Dennis nods, "Moving on, living in National City, there are a rather high amounts of criminal activity, both big and small, with some media suggesting that perhaps the existence of Supergirl is driving a higher crime rate, because criminals want to challenge her."

"Objection! Speculation!" Mark says again, with an annoyed look on his face.

"Sustained." Judge Burgess says, "Mr Dennis, this is your second warning, in so many questions. Don't make a habit out of this."

"Yes, your honour. I once more apologise." Cameron Dennis says, "My question for Miss Danvers is, I have read several of the articles which you have published for CatCo. In these articles you have reported about various things, including some key criminal events that have happened in this city, making it clear that you were right in the thick of it all. So, with that in mind, how can we be assured that you will provide a stable home for Lori, as isn't it possible that you could be hurt reporting one of these events?"

Kara visibly flinches at Cameron Dennis asking her that question, because it does annoy her, as she knows it's a question that is being asked in bad faith, because it is literally trying to penalise her for being a reporter. In reality, Stephen Andrews could be in just as much danger by getting run over by a car or something. Then it's even more annoying to Kara, because she literally can't just blurt out and say that she's perfectly safe and can't get hurt because she's Supergirl.

"Well, firstly, during my time as a reporter, I have never so much has got a graze from my reporting activities, or being at the heart of various events that have happened around National City, usually involving Supergirl, or some other heroes or something. And personally, I think that it's good that I set an example for Lori, that I, as a woman, can go out and have my own job, and own career, and don't need to fall into the category of not working, and simply being a caregiver for my daughter." Kara answers.

"Objection! That last sentence was conjecture!" Cameron Dennis says.

"Overruled." Judge Burgess says, "You asked Miss Danvers a rather opinionated question. She gave you an opinionated answer. There is nothing to object to just because you don't like the opinionated answer she gave."