Chapter 51 - The Investigation

It is now a few hours later, and Kara and Lena have finally managed to put Lori down to bed after she got all worked up and worried from seeing the picture of Cameron Dennis, who she identified as the person who murdered her father. Throughout that time, Kara and Lena have not managed to talk with one another about this, and discuss what this all means, simply because they didn't want to speak about it in front of Lori, and just wanted to focus their attentions on making sure that Lori is okay, and that she doesn't continue to freak out or anything. However, despite the fact that Kara and Lena haven't managed to talk with each other out loud, they have started a group text, which includes Alex, J'onn, Eliza, Kelly, Nia and Brainy, letting them know the information that they have found out.

Kara: Guys, Lena and I have started this group text, as we just found out Cameron Dennis, the assistant district attorney from New York, and one of Stephen Andrews' friends, and a lawyer helping him, is the one that killed Lori's father.

Alex: What?!

Kelly: How did you find out?

J'onn: What have you discovered?

Lena: I was on my laptop, as Kara and Lori were cleaning our plates from dinner, and I was looking through a few things, and I just decided to look up Cameron Dennis. Lori then came over, and she absolutely freaked out upon seeing his picture.

Lena: She identified Cameron Dennis as the one that killed her father.

Nia: Is Lori okay?

Lena: Not really. Kara is just trying to calm her down right now, and hug her and everything. I'm helping too, in between writing these texts.

Nia: Send her my love.

Lena: I will.

Eliza: Do you want me to come over and help you guys?

Lena: I think we are okay right now.

Kara: I don't want to overwhelm Lori. I think if a bunch of people started to come over now, might make this seem even bigger than it already is to her.

Eliza: Okay.

Alex: Back on topic, what does this mean for the trial? If Cameron Dennis killed Lori's father? Surely it can't be a coincidence, and Stephen Andrews' has to be involved too.

Lena: Yes. I don't believe in coincidences.

J'onn: What evidence do we have other than Lori identifying Cameron Dennis as the man who killed her father?

J'onn: I hate to say it, but even if you brought this forward, it would be very hard to get a conviction, as the testimony of a child, who was young when the murder happened, to identify the murderer, really just would be torn apart by any good lawyer.

Brainy: Perhaps we need to gather more evidence then.

Lena: What do you suggest? The trial is likely going to end tomorrow, with the decision happening the day after. So whatever evidence we gather will need to be gathered quickly.

Brainy: Perhaps we need to do a deeper dive into this Cameron Dennis. I am aware that you Lena, and your lawyers, have done a deep dive into Cameron Dennis, and come back with some rather questionable things, but nothing concrete. Maybe we will come up with something more actionable looking into Cameron Dennis.

Alex: He's the assistant DA to New York, what do you think you will find that other people haven't found already? Surely he was vetted thoroughly.

J'onn: From my experience, if you have enough money, and power, you can hide anything from the public. And he's clearly a wealthy lawyer, who is the assistant DA in New York, it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility that he's been able to hide some of the shady things that he has done.