Chapter 11 - Italian Lunch

It is now about 45 minutes later, and Kara is returning to her office after her long meeting with some of the other senior reporters, as well as Andrea. Throughout the entirety of the meeting Kara couldn't sit still, for multiple reasons. The first, and main reason, why Kara just couldn't sit still and focus, was because the whole time she was just thinking about Lori, and worrying about how she is getting on with Nia. The last thing Kara would want is for Lori to suddenly grow some form of anxiety of her not being there. Of course, Kara is more worried about Lori getting that anxiety, than Lori doing something that could cause a scene. Then secondly, Kara couldn't sit still in the meeting, because she just felt awkward the entire time as she looked at Andrea, and thought about how she had asked out Lena the previous day. Kara can't help but feeling so awkward knowing that Andrea knows that Lena chose her, and is going on a date with her, and not the CatCo owner.

"Kara!" Lori says, happily, jumping off the office chair, and running towards the blonde.

"Hey, Lori." Kara smiles, happily, taking Lori in for a hug, "Did you have a good time with Nia?"

"Yes." Lori nods, with a big smile, "We talked, and Nia showed me how to use the tablet, and she even got us some snacks! I got to choose mine!"

"Of course she did." Kara chuckles, and then looks up at Nia.

Kara sees that Nia is still sitting in the exact same spot on the conference room table where she left her 45 minutes ago. Kara assumes that over the last 45 minutes Nia just remained by Lori's side the whole time, even after getting them some snacks.

"Well, I was very glad to have someone to get some gossip from." Nia says, with a smirk.

"Gossip about what exactly?" Kara asks.

"You and Lena." Nia replies, "She has given me all the gossip. I mean, I've been shipping the two of you since I first met you both, even when Lena was with James. Now Lori is going to be my little spy to give me all the information first hand, information that you may not tell me."

Kara groans upon hearing that, while Lori simply smiles up at Kara, widely.

"Well..... I guess I can't complain about the two of you getting along so well....." Kara says.

"Yes! Nia said I could team with her on game night!" Lori says, excitedly.

After Lori says that, Kara turns her gaze to Nia.

"Sorry... I just said that when we do another game night, I could team with Lori." Nia explains.

"That's okay." Kara nods, "I'm just focusing on getting Lori settled in first. I want her to slowly meet everyone before throwing her into a game night. She's meeting Eliza this weekend, and then after that I guess, J'onn, Brainy and Kelly are the ones left."

"Yeah. Well, whenever you next want to do a game night just let me know, and I'll be there to team up with this one." Nia says, giving Lori a big smile.

Lori turns and smiles back upon Nia saying that.

"I will certainly let you know." Kara nods.

The room then falls silent, so Nia takes this as her cue to get up off her chair, and close her laptop which she was using to work on an article.

"Well, I guess I'll leave you two to get on with things." Nia says.

"Yeah." Kara nods, "And thank you again, Nia."

"Of course." Nia smiles, "I'm happy to help."

Kara then escorts Nia to the door of her office. Just as Nia gets to the door, she turns back to look at Lori.