Chapter 9 - Indian Food

It is now later on in the workday, and Kara is currently pretty busy writing her article, as well as doing a few other things. Since earlier this morning, when Andrea told her off, Kara has got another visit from the CatCo owner, where Andrea told her that she would no longer be suspended from CatCo, but in the future she'd like for Kara to just communicate better about things. After Andrea said that to her, Kara was a bit more at ease, although a part of her would have been happy to be suspended for the rest of the week, just so she could spend more quality time bonding with Lori. Kara just thinks that these first few days, and weeks, with Lori, might be the most important ones, as it will set a foundation for their bond for the future.

Presently, Kara still has a lot of work to do, even though it is approaching 4:30PM. The reason Kara still has a lot of work to do is because she has agreed to help out a few of the other junior reporters who have come to her and asked her to look over their articles for them. Kara, being the person she is, agreed to all of that, even though she knows she should have just told them all she has too much work already. All of this has just meant that Kara is currently in a situation where she still has some more work to do today on her own article she is writing, and also still has to read through 2 other junior reporter's articles, and give some feedback. This is all putting Kara in a bit of a bad mood, because she just wants to get home to Lori, and spend more time with her foster daughter. Kara doesn't want to be one of those parents that barely sees their kids, and spends several late nights a week at work.

There is a knock at Kara's door. In response, Kara looks up and sees Nia walking into her office.

"Hey, Nia." Kara says, with a polite smile, and then turns her head to continue to read one of the junior reporter's articles.

"Hi, Kara. I was just checking in to see how you are, as we haven't seen each other today?" Nia explains.

"Yeah. I've been really busy." Kara nods, all while not looking up at Nia.

"Yeah. I get that." Nia says, "Although, there is something I wanted to ask you."

Kara now looks up at Nia again, this time with a slightly concerned look on her face.

"Please don't tell me you are going to ask me to look through one of your articles. Usually I would happily do it, but I've already promised to do that for a few junior reporters, and on top of that I still have some writing for my own article to do." Kara says.

"Oh, no, nothing like that." Nia says.

"Okay... then, what's up?" Kara asks.

"Well.... this may be a little awkward.... But..... you know how last year you and Lena had your 'falling out' and everything?" Nia says.

"Yeah.... I remember...." Kara replies, slightly sarcastically.

"Well, now the two of you seem to be close friends again, and you have even fostered the girl Lena was a 'big sister' with as part of that programme. So.... I was just wondering..... how did the two of you build the trust between you again? Because I can imagine that the trust the two of you had was broken, or damaged, after everything that happened between the two of you last year." Nia explains.

"Why are you asking me this, Nia?" Kara asks.

"I uhhmmm..... I'm not asking to be nosy or anything..... But since what Brainy did last year.... with him teaming up with Lex to help us and everything...... I'm still having some issues trusting him completely again..... and I do want to.... it's just been hard.... So, I just wanted to know how you and Lena worked through all that?" Nia asks.

After Nia says that, Kara simply looks at the dreaming superhero for a few moments, and realises that clearly this is a very important topic to Nia, and she shouldn't brush her off or anything, despite the amount of work she still has to do.