Chapter 27 - Drive to Midvale

It is now the following day, and Kara, Lena and Lori all wake up in Kara's bed, snuggled together after their rather chaotic day yesterday.

"Hmmmm... morning." Kara hums, as she feels Lori readjust her head to rest on her chest, and Lena snuggle closer to her while resting her head on her shoulder.

"Mmmmmm..... morning." Lena replies, in a sleepy voice.

Kara looks down at Lena, and then readjusts her head to place a kiss on the top of Lena's own head. After Kara does this, she turns her attention to Lori, who is still snuggled to her chest.

"You awake, baby?" Kara asks Lori, in a loving voice, stroking some of the hair away from the 7-year-old's face.

"Yeah." Lori replies, still in a tired voice.

"You still sleepy?" Kara asks.

"Yeah." Lori replies, in a cute voice.

"Okay. We'll lay here for a little while longer then." Kara says.

"Yeah." Lori says, for the third time, and snuggles her head further into Kara's chest.

"That's fine with me." Lena adds, and also snuggles closer to Kara.

After this, Kara, Lori and Lena remain snuggled in Kara's bed for another hour. During this time Kara notices both Lena and Lori fall back to sleep, but she doesn't. Kara doesn't need as much sleep as Lena and Lori do, but she's just happy to lay there with the two people she loves most in the world, and enjoy this moment.

Eventually, after about an hour, Kara reaches over to her bedside and grabs her phone to check the time. Once she sees what the time is, she knows that they'll have to all get up soon. This is because today Kara, Lena and Lori are supposed to be driving up to Midvale to go spend Christmas at Eliza's. It's about 10AM right now, and the drive takes about 4 hours on a good day, so Kara would rather get an early start, instead of them leaving later and not getting there until late in the evening.

After this, Kara spends a few more minutes continuing to enjoy the moment with the sleeping Lena and Lori, before she finally extracts herself from the bed. To do this without waking either Lena or Lori, Kara simply moves the 7-year-old so that she's laying her head on Lena's chest instead of her own. Kara then quickly uses her bathroom, before heading out into her kitchen, and deciding to make them all breakfast while Lena and Lori continue to sleep.

About 10 minutes after Kara leaves the bedroom, Lena and Lori come walking into the kitchen area, with the 7-year-old holding onto one of Lena's hands.

"Oh, hey guys!" Kara smiles, widely.

"Mommy!" Lori says, and goes running over to Kara, taking her in for a hug.

Kara bends down, and quickly takes Lori in for a hug, holding her tightly, while Lena also walks over to her side.

"She got a little nervous when she woke up and you weren't in the bed with us." Lena explains, as she strokes Lori's back.

"Oh. I'm sorry baby." Kara says to Lori, "I wanted to let you and Lena sleep a bit longer, so I thought I'd make us all breakfast. I'm sorry you got worried that I wasn't there when you woke."

Lori doesn't respond to Kara saying that, she simply continues to hug the blonde for a little while. Eventually though, Kara knows she has to part from Lori, because she needs to tend to the pancakes which she has been cooking.

"Okay." Kara says, as she places Lori back onto the ground, "I've started to make us all pancakes for our breakfast. I thought, instead of having a lazy morning, we could eat our breakfast now, and then begin our preparations get all our stuff to leave and head to Midvale. It's about a 4 to 5 hour drive, so I'd rather us leave before lunch so we don't arrive later in the evening."