011; i can smell pasta

you're the apple of my eye
girl, i've never loved one like you

THIRD PERSON.

Rosemary had planned an evening in our apartment with a few of her girl friends for that Sunday, and after she had cooked pasta for them all, they were sat around her table in the middle of her living area with drinks in their hands.

While the girls had been talking for just over five minutes, Rosemary had spent the time staring at her phone by her kitchen while pouring herself another glass of wine.

"Corbyn's on his way over," Rosemary told the group, grabbing her wine glass from the counter and sitting herself down on her couch.

"I forgot you two were a thing now," Vivian smiled, "it's so cute."

"I hope we're not intruding." Polly laughed while she shrugged.

"You're a lucky girl, Corbyn's hot as hell." Thea spoke up as they all turned to her, "..i've always thought he was attractive."

"His girlfriend is right here," Evelyn replied, "you can't say that type of shit."

"I was going to make a move at some point," Thea shrugged, "Rosy just got there first."

"How did he make a move on you?" Evelyn turned to Rosemary as the girl paused with her eyes slightly widened.

"Uh.. well, he was dropping me home after we got some dinner together and he kissed me outside my door," she explained with a not so convincing look on her face as they all smiled.

"Then what happened?" Polly asked.

"We just kept being touchy and stuff and then in the back of my florist he asked me on a date, I guess things happened from there." She nodded.

"You kept that very quiet." Evelyn frowned, "I work there and I never knew about this, you let him into your office?"

"Yeah we were confused about our situation so we didn't tell anyone for a few weeks," she said.

"How did he ask you out?" Vivian asked, the smiles still wide on their faces as Rosemary slowly shook her head.

"He.." she paused for a few seconds before she let out a sigh and shrugged, "I think I'd prefer to keep that moment to myself, it was very romantic though."

"I'm glad you two finally realised you're perfect together," Vivian spoke up, "I kept telling you all through high school."

"Oh well," Rosemary laughed and shrugged, "it all worked out now so.. no big drama about it."

"I never thought he'd be your type," Polly said, smiling as Rosemary looked at her, "tattoo's, rockstar type of thing. I always thought you'd fall for some guy who owns a bookstore and likes to paint."

"Can't help who you fall for," Thea shrugged, "I think it's cute, it's like opposite aesthetics, works out well."

"It's definitely cute," Polly nodded, "I just always thought she'd be more into quiet and shy guys."

Rosemary shrugged with a small smile before taking another sip of her wine, her attention before turning to her front door with the sound of the door handle creaking and the door beginning to open.

As Corbyn walked into the apartment and closed the door behind him, the talking got quieter yet didn't come to a stop while they watched the girl stand up and make her way over to him.

"Hi," she spoke up, watching him take off his jacket and hang it up beside the door, "are you okay?"

"I'm stressed." He said through a small laugh, keeping his voice quiet as he looked at her, "I can smell pasta."