019; such a pretty nickname

your lipstick stain is a work of art,
i got your name tattooed in an
arrow heart

THIRD PERSON.

Rosemary attempted to walk back to her place as quick as she could after saying goodbye to her best friend, looking through her bag for her key to her front door while trying not to run up the flights of stairs.

And as she pulled them out from her bag and looked up, James was leant against the wall just by her front door with a pack of spaghetti in his hand and the other shoved into his pocket, giving her a smile.

"You're already here," she spoke up in a surprised tone, coming up the final flight of steps  as she shoved her key into the door lock.

"With the spaghetti." James smiled in response, moving to one side to allow her to unlock her door before she opened it, "I didn't think you'd take so long."

"My helper for closing wasn't exactly much help," she replied with a small laugh, opening for door wider for him to enter the apartment just as he did so, "do you want me to take your jacket?"

"Oh, yeah, thank you." He said, removing his jacket from himself and handing it to the girl.

As Rosemary hung up both his and her jacket, she closed her apartment door before placing down her bag on her table as James stood a few feet away from her.

"...Are you hungry? I can cook now or we can have it a little later." She suggested as he clapped his hands together and shrugged.

"I'm more than happy to have it now." James nodded, following her through to the kitchen as he looked around her place, "your place is very tidy."

"I'm not a big fan of mess." She laughed slightly.

"I'm not exactly the neatest person in the world." James looked at her with a smile, "that could cause issues long term."

"As long as it's not too messy I think I can be able to tolerate it." She replied, gathering all she needed to cook their meal for tonight as James leant against her kitchen counter, "do you want a drink?"

"What drinks have you got?"

"Almost anything."

"I'll just have some water with some ice if you've got it."

"I have ice and water," she nodded, grabbing a glass from her cupboard while James watched her prepare his drink.

Once she placed his drink on the counter beside where he was leaning, they met eyes with an exchange of a smile before Rosemary began to prepare their meal with James standing up and walking through her apartment.

"So... when did you start your florist?" He broke the silence, looking at the multiple pictures hung up on the wall.

"Almost two years ago." She replied as he nodded in approval.

"It's pretty popular, I was looking online and the reviews are good too."

"I have a friend who has a lot of connections and he, without my approval, spread it around." She explained, "I was lucky in that area of things but other than that I gained the attraction myself."

"How?"

"I did pop up stores in the mall... a lot of social media posts, business cards in stores, leaflets, a lot of the small things you do really pay off." She told him as he looked at her and nodded.

"I guess that's where most of the skill comes in," James laughed, "...it doesn't take a genius to put together silly little flowers."

Rosemary went quiet as she looked across the room to him, a slight frown on her face while watching him observe each photograph before moving on to the next one.