055; a fake breakup

i want to take you somewhere
so you know i care,
but it's so cold and i don't know
where

THIRD PERSON.

"How is he?" Jonah asked as Daniel walked into the studio, quickly shaking his head with his eyes widened as Corbyn followed in behind him, dragging his feet across the floor and immediately taking a seat in the back corner of the room.

His four band mates stared at him for a few seconds while he opened up his laptop, turning themselves back to each other as they all let out a small sigh and shrugged.

"She likes grand gestures." Corbyn broke the silence as Daniel took a deep breath and put his palm to his forehead.

"Corbyn, she said she didn't want to hear from you or-"

"You could do it on behalf of me."

"-or about you." He finished his sentence, "space. She wants silence from you."

"Oh he's already trying?" Jonah raised his eyebrows.

"No, he's thinking of ways to try. Even worse." Daniel shook his head as Corbyn turned around to face the group.

"I'll sing outside her apartment window."

"Her apartment is four floors up." Jack turned to him in confusion, "you'll be giving a grand gesture to three other floors."

"How'd you know she doesn't want to hear from him? Did she say?" Zach asked, folding his arms as Daniel looked at Corbyn, his eyebrows raised again.

"She sent me a text."

"A paragraph." Daniel corrected him.

"She was expressing her feelings," Corbyn said.

"She was taking her anger out on you." He nodded as Corbyn rolled his eyes and shrugged.

"Can we see the text?" Jonah asked.

"No." Corbyn said.

"Why?"

"It's not that deep." Corbyn shook his head.

"...She swore 4 times in that text." Daniel said as the other three guys stared at Corbyn in disbelief.

"And you're saying it's not that deep? The girl who hasn't said any kind of word like that since we've known her." Jonah tilted his head, "It is deep. Deep to her at least."

"He's literally in a mood because of a friendship he ruined," Jack said through a small laugh, "tough crowd today."

"Anyway," Corbyn said as he sighed, "aren't we supposed to be working on a new song?"

"I kind of can't be bothered." Zach frowned, resting his feet on his desk as he leant back in his chair, "let's just play uno or something."

"I love uno." Jack smiled and nodded, "let's play uno."

"No, we actually need to start it today." Daniel said, finally sitting down in his chair and opening his laptop, "it's very overdue."

"It's not. We just came out with an album." Corbyn argued as he furrowed his eyebrows, "we don't need another song for six months."

"Are you going to mop around and be miserable for those six months?" Jack turned to the boy as Corbyn rolled his eyes.

"Take it easy, he's very heartbroken." Jonah joked with a smile as Corbyn looked at him.

"I am heartbroken, you guys are assholes." He shook his head, staring down at his laptop screen.

Their conversation was interrupted by Randy walking into the room, causing the five to go quiet as they all turned their heads to him, avoiding any mention of Rosemary with the risen conflict.