059; she's not available

i never wanted this to end,
can you forgive me friend?

THIRD PERSON.

Being dragged to a party on a Friday night was not how Rosemary wanted to spend her evening. After Vivian had begged for her to tag along and spend the night with them now that most of her evenings had freed up, she only agreed to come because of her boredom and her fear of beginning to spiral into her overthinking.

While they all stood around the drinks, she checked the time on her phone and slid it back into her bag, tapping the counter with her nails before giving them all a small smile.

"I'm going to leave at 10, I want to get home by a reasonable time to get ready for bed, I-"

"The timeblock system, my biggest enemy." Vivian shook her head and threw it back slightly as Rosemary turned to look at her, "my nightmare, my fear."

"Okay, Viv, it is not that bad." Rosemary rolled her eyes slightly.

"...Just have fun." Violet smiled at Rosemary, "I know breakups suck but it's good to do things to distract you."

"I can be distracted at home." Rosemary argued, "hence the time blocking, my distraction."

"You need to have fun at a party, it's your first night out since that whole incident. It's good to get yourself out there," Evelyn shrugged as she grabbed two cups and looked at the array of drinks while Rosemary looked around the room, "what drink do you want?"

While Evelyn began to make her own drink and wait for her best friend's reply, Rosemary's eyes stopped on the boy at the other side of the large crowd, stood with the group of people who had just arrived at the party and her being the first person in the party for him to spot.

"...Rosy?" Evelyn glanced up to the girl from their two cups, following the direction of her eyes to the boy stood by the front door past all the big crowds staring right back at her.

A sad smile was exchanged between the both of them as Rosemary held her hand up for a small wave, watching Corbyn shove his hands into his pockets and reply with a nod of his head, following Daniel into one of the other rooms.

"Just go speak to him," Evelyn told the girl with a soft tone in her voice, nudging her arm slightly as Rosemary shook her head and turned back to her friends.

"...No." She frowned, "no, I'm still too upset."

"But you know that was extremely out of character for him," Evelyn replied, "and you can tell he feels extremely guilty about it."

"He should feel guilty." Vivian spoke up as Rosemary and Evelyn looked to her, "Ev I know you're trying to help but he laughed. He knows how much time and effort Rosy puts into her store just like us girls do, he has a right to be ignored right now."

"At least he's keeping his distance. He knows her boundaries." Violet said with a small smile.

As the two looked over to Rosemary again, they watched her stare in the direction Corbyn was just standing before she glanced down to her drink, mixing it around with her straw before she frowned and looked up at them all.

She looked back down at her drink a couple seconds later, the three girls changing the topic as Rosemary looked back over to where she had just saw Corbyn, the boy reappearing in that same spot as she began taking large sips of her drink.