016; i'm not kissing you

think i could love you,
but i'm not sure

THIRD PERSON.

Rosemary and Corbyn's plans were bought to a stop that Saturday evening to attend a party full of family friends that the girl's mom had been planning for weeks, and with the house full of people they saw the only appropriate plan was to stay and socialise with people they hadn't seen in so long.

Corbyn had already poured himself his third drink and wondered off to find where the speakers were located in hopes of changing the music, being distracted and interrupted with his task by people desperate to talk to him.

And whilst she was standing by the kitchen island with Jasmine beside her, Rosemary looked across the room to where Corbyn was stood in the middle of a conversation with one of their close family friends, her arms folded and a frown on her face as she did so.

"Mom," Jasmine spoke up as she turned herself to Lisa, "you didn't get any tequila."

"There's tequila in the garage," Lisa replied as she shook her head, "and there's a lot of other drinks you could have instead."

"Okay well... Rosy and I are going to go get the tequila." Jasmine smiled as Lisa rolled her eyes and smiled at her, "it's not a party without tequila, right Rosy?"

"Mhm." Rosemary barely nodded, keeping his stare on the two across the room as the girl had placed her hand on Corbyn's arm while she was laughing.

Jasmine frowned at the sudden disinterest of the conversation, turning to her sister and glancing in the direction she was looking before she let out a small laugh.

"Rosemary." Jasmine said.

"I am listening."

"Are you?" She moved her head in the way of her target, raising her eyebrows while Rosemary looked at her, "what were you looking at?"

"I was just making sure Corbyn was okay." She smiled as Lisa glanced over to the boy, "he's fine, Mom."

"Yes, he always is." Lisa smiled.

"The tequila." Jasmine reminded herself, grabbing onto her sister's arm as she guided Rosemary through the crowd of people towards the garage.

Taking one last glance to Corbyn and the touchy girl he was talking to, Rosemary sighed as they walked into the garage and Jasmine shut the door behind them, making the music of the party sound muffled.

"Are you jealous?" Jasmine broke the silence while scanning the shelves for the tequila.

"Jealous of what?" Rosemary asked, folding her arms again as she watched Jasmine do so.

"Corbyn and Zoe."

"Zoe is her name?" She asked, hearing Jasmine laugh slightly, "I didn't know that."

"Are you jealous of Zoe?"

"Because she's talking to my friend...?"

"To your fake boyfriend." Jasmine corrected her.

"Fake." Rosemary emphasised with a smile, "it's pretend, no actual feelings."

"...I missed when you spoke to me about your love life." Jasmine frowned as she turned to her younger sister, "like when you were in senior year and-"

"I don't have a love life." Rosemary joked, "apart from this guy at the moment I guess... I'm not really sure."

"What guy?" She smiled.