021; its always been like that

for all of my pretty and
all of my ugly too,
i'd love to see me from
your point of view.

THIRD PERSON.

"Working on a song?" Daniel asked as he walked into the studio with Jonah, looking over to Corbyn as he sat with his headphones around his neck and his face so close to the sheet of paper in front of him that it had almost looked like he was kissing it.

With no reply from Corbyn and the look of concentration on his face, Daniel peered his head over to the sheet and read out the big title in the centre of the page, "The date.. of a.. lifetime. Who you taking on a date?"

"Rosemary." He quickly replied, changing the orange marker for the pink as Jonah furrowed his eyebrows.

"You're planning a date... for a girl who likes to plan things." Jonah said, "and it's the date of a lifetime? Are you guys hooking up?"

"What? No." Corbyn looked up at them, "she had a shit date with this James guy and-"

"This James guy." Daniel interrupted him with a laugh, "the most jealous thing any man could ever say."

"What?"

"Sorry, continue." Daniel shook his head.

"She had a shit date with James." Corbyn glared at Daniel before he sighed, "and she made a joke about how our fake dates have not felt romantic to her, so I told her i'll take her on a date to show her that I am a good fake boyfriend."

"Oh, so it is still fake?" Jonah asked.

"What makes you think it's not?"

"The fact that you're planning it." Daniel said, "using her favourite colours."

"It is the date of a lifetime." Corbyn rolled his eyes and turned back to the planning.

"Will there be cameras there?" He asked, "are you getting Fletcher to come say hi? What's going to happen?"

"No cameras."

"...So is it still fake?"

"Are you going to post about it?"

"I'm confused by this, Corbyn."

"Same."

"Why are you both confused?" Corbyn turned back to them, "I'm showing her what a good date is like and how high her standards need to be, nothing confusing."

"Do you like her?" Daniel asked.

"Obviously."

"No, I mean do you like her? More than friends way." Daniel repeated his question as Corbyn stared at him for a few seconds.

"This isn't a real date." Corbyn said, dodging the entire question as Daniel raised his eyebrows at Jonah who replied with a shrug.

"So, what was the James guy like?" Jonah asked.

"Asshole," he laughed slightly, "I don't know what she saw in him."

"What did he do?"

"He left."

"...The date ended and he went home? pretty sure that's normal." Daniel nodded as he sat down beside the boy.

"He left while she was in the bathroom." Corbyn explained, "...after they hooked up."

"So he used her for a hook up?" Jonah asked as he nodded, "okay no, you're right, he's an asshole."

"I know." Corbyn raised his eyebrows.