056; i can go kill him

a tiny screen's the only place
i see you now,
and i got nothing but well
wishes for you

THIRD PERSON.

Rosemary had returned to her store the day after she arrived back in LA after most of her week spent with her family on her last minute trip home.

With only four hours into the day and her two employees working today had walked through the door, they both paused as they stared at their boss deep into the online orders from the past few days.

"Look who's finally decided to show up." Harry spoke up, walking to the counter where Rosemary sat, "how was home?"

"Fine," she quickly said, tying a string around the bouquet as Harry stopped and turned to Evelyn, noticing the confused look on her face before they looked back to Rosemary, "there's a new display that needs to go up in the front window today, can you do that Ev?"

"Of course," Evelyn nodded, "...you okay?"

"I'm good," she said and looked up at the two of them, "are you guys okay?"

"...Yeah," Harry slowly smiled, walking to the backroom to place down his bag and jacket while Evelyn followed behind him with a frown.

"Good," Evelyn raised her eyebrows and laughed slightly, "there's no way they are even friends, she's too reserved."

"Ev, the last minute trip said enough." Harry shook his head, the two of them watching Rosemary walk past the room they were in and towards her office, the door being shut behind her.

"I thought she would've at least told us if something happened between them." Evelyn shrugged, tying her hair up as they walked to the front of the store again, "she's been telling us every small thing between them for the past month."

"Maybe it's too fresh and she's not ready to speak on it." Harry replied with a sigh, "and he hasn't been in the entire week, they're clearly not friends."

"They're so in love though," she frowned, turning back to face him, "she's so in love with him. You can clearly see that whenever he was around, I don't understand what could've gone wrong."

"Wrong time, wrong person, better as friends, their mindsets are in different places, so many reasons." Harry shrugged, "do you and Ruben ever argue over anything like that?"

"We have different mindsets on a few things but it's never anything drastic to break us up." She shook her head, "Rosemary wouldn't break up with Corbyn over that, they've been best friends for years. They know everything about each other."

"I don't know, Evelyn. We'll just have to wait until she tells us what's happened. Don't force anything."

"But what if they never speak again and-"

"She better be ready to give a good explanation for this." Vivian said as she stormed into the store with two coffees in her hands, "better as friends? Such bullshit, come on."

"Vivian." Harry shook his head, "I'll go get her but she's really not in a good mood so don't force her to tell you anything."

"She's probably heartbroken." Vivian frowned, turning to Evelyn while Harry went to retrieve his boss, "do you know what happened?"

"I don't think she's told anyone," Evelyn shook her head and sighed.

"He's always willingly to work around her timeblock system, I don't understand what else it could be." Vivian said, watching Rosemary walk out her office and towards the two girls, "you're perfect, what is there to be better off as friends for?"