037; the month of love

please don't be in love with someone
else,
please don't have somebody waiting
on you

THIRD PERSON.

"You really let me down, you know?"

"I told you my plan is for after the coffee shop."

"Can I ask why?" He raised his eyebrows at her while holding the door open to the coffee shop.

"Because my plan includes the sunset." She smiled at him while walking inside the building, watching him slowly nod, "which is why I said let's delay the coffee shop until 4."

"It feels very nice to not have a whole plan for the day." Corbyn mentioned, shoving his hands into his pockets as Rosemary frowned at him, "I love your whole time block system, but it's nice to relax all morning and now do something really laid back."

"How do you know my plan is laid back?" She asked him, looking up at the menu while he looked at her.

"Is it not?"

"It's laid back." She nodded, "did you bring your swim stuff?"

"...No, no one mentioned anything about swimming." He frowned at her, "you should've said."

"Are you wearing white underwear?"

"No?"

"Then just go into the water in your underwear." Rosemary replied, "or don't go into the water, I won't be."

"It's still winter, you know? It'll be freezing." He told her, "how will I keep warm?"

"You can use me for warmth." She smiled at him as he tilted his head.

"You're too short." Corbyn laughed, looking up at the menu while the girl pulled him further done the queue and towards the barista.

"A decaf vanilla latte with oat milk, please." Rosemary smiled at the barista before she turned her head to Corbyn, "What are you getting?"

"Just a coffee." He shrugged and looked over to the barista, "a black coffee, please."

"What are we doing for food tonight?" She asked, grabbing her card from her bag and handing it over to the barista as Corbyn followed her hand.

"Why did you do that?" Corbyn frowned.

"Do what?"

"Use your card."

"Because I'm paying."

"No. This was my date idea so I was paying."

"It's just two coffees." She smiled at him, "you can pay next time. Anyway, food?"

"I'll take you to a fancy restaurant just so I can pay for it all." Corbyn replied with a mumbled as the girl put her card back into her purse.

"If you think money is going to satisfy me in a relationship you are completely wrong," the girl raised her eyebrows at him as he tilted his head.

"Then what is going to satisfy you?" Corbyn asked her, the pair grabbing their coffees before saying thank you and finding a free table in the corner of the shop, "sex?"

"No," she laughed.

"So you don't want sex and you never want money? You're a very easy girlfriend." He nodded, sitting down at the table opposite her as she held onto her hot cup with both hands.

"Time and company." She said to him, "As long as I am around someone and my time is being spent with them, it's more than enough."

"Rosy that's the most cliche answer i've ever heard." Corbyn rolled his eyes, "I like buying things for you and doing things for you, it's like... like an act of service thing."