070; you're wearing yourself thin

i was supposed to be sent away,
but they forgot to come and get me

THIRD PERSON.

After an extremely successful date night between Rosemary and Corbyn, the couple had headed back to the girl's apartment for the night, finishing it off with two glasses of wine.

The following morning, Corbyn laid in her bed while watching her pace around her room, seeming extremely dysfunctional and unable to enjoy one of her usual stress-free mornings before a day at the florist.

With a small crease in his eyebrows, he put his hands behind his head, watching her jewellery slip out of her hand and hear her let out a huff, picking it up off the floor before shaking her head.

"Rosy." Corbyn broke the silence, making her jump slightly and turn to him with a smile on her face.

"Good morning," she replied, "I didn't know you were awake."

"Why are you so stressed out?" He asked as she shook her head, "come on, you're pacing and you're being clumsy, you're anxious about something."

"...Okay." Rosemary slowly said, walking over and sitting on the edge of the bed, "last night when you met me at work, did Ev seem off to you?"

"Yes, Harry spoke to you about it." He nodded.

"I don't know why she was off." She replied, "and I don't know if I've done something, as a friend or as a manager."

"That's why you're stressed?"

"Yes."

"Is she working today?"

"Mhm, that's why I'm stressed out, I don't want an awkward work day." She shrugged and looked at him.

"Just ask her about it," Corbyn told her, "she's your best friend, she'll openly speak to you. Maybe she just had an off day."

"But she only got weird once I mentioned you," she frowned, watching the reassurance on his face wash away as he slowly nodded his head.

"Maybe she just isn't ready to forgive me."

"...Why should she be forgiving you?" She asked, "she has no say in this."

"I know but-"

"Why does everyone think they need to forgive you?" Rosemary continued while Corbyn tucked her hair behind her ears, "I was the one involved, why is this anyone else's business?"

He sighed, sitting up and resting his hands behind his back while continuing to watch her brain tick away as she picked at the skin on her lips, "...I say this with concern, I think you need a break from work."

"I don't think I do." She shook her head.

"No, I know. You love the store and you love keeping busy but there is something bothering you and even I can't work out what it is." He explained, "if you want a break, I can plan a weekend away for us, or just for you. I think you need to relax."

"...Am I stressing you out?" Rosemary turned to him with concern.

"No, not at all my love." He shook his head and gave her a soft smile, "I'm just a little worried you're wearing yourself thin, you need to have time to think about just you."

"I'm sorry."

"No, no." He frowned, "I think stuff i've done has had a part in this as well." He said, bringing one hand up to her face and caressing her cheek.

"Maybe a break from everything would do me good," she nodded, "and the calendar."

"No, that helps you." He said through a small laugh, "we can do a weekend away using your calendar. I just mean you need time to not think about work or social life, I have no issue with that calendar, you know that."