066; she was the fake date

my stupid heart don't know
i've tried to let you go
so many times before,
then wound up at your door

THIRD PERSON.

"That's odd. She's late."

"She's two minutes late." Evelyn corrected Harry, keeping her head down to focus on the task she was doing while Harry paused for a few seconds before he turned himself to the girl.

"When has she ever been two minutes late?" He asked.

"Harry. It's two minutes."

"...You know something." He squinted his eyes and tilted his head, crouching down to Evelyn's level on the floor as she shook her head, "Evelyn."

"I don't know anything." Evelyn shrugged.

"Girls night was two nights ago," he began, watching her stay silent while letting out a sigh, Evelyn about to respond to him before the bell of the store rang and their boss walked in.

Rosemary took down her umbrella while the door shut, keeping to herself as she walked through to the back of the store and past her two employees already at work.

"Good morning Rosy." Harry smiled at the girl.

"Hi," she quickly replied, walking into her office and shutting the door as Harry furrowed his eyebrows and looked back at Evelyn.

"For someone who has a party in two days over an award for her store and someone so passionate about this store... actually, for Rosemary in general, that was extremely out of character." Harry explained as Evelyn looked up at him.

"I don't know if she's ready to speak on it... that's all." Evelyn replied, watching his face slowly fall before he subtly nodded and sighed.

"Is it about him?" Harry asked.

"No."

"Okay... James?"

"No," she said through a sigh, hearing Rosemary's office door open and the girl walk over to the counter.

"Has there been any problems so far today?" She spoke up, breaking the silence between the three of them while setting up the computer screen.

"Evelyn broke a nail." Harry replied.

"I cried about it." Evelyn added on as Rosemary glanced to them with a small smile, "I'm over it now though."

"And some guy called about the store, a complaint he wanted to make, that's all." He shrugged, turning back to his task as Evelyn watched Rosemary's smile drop as she turned her head to the counter.

"What was said?" Rosemary asked him.

"Rosy," Evelyn mumbled with a frown, watching her look back at Harry who was hesitant to speak on the details of the complaint.

"He... there was an issue with his order."

"What was the issue?" Rosemary asked, beginning to work on the orders needed to be sent out that day, creating one of many bouquets.