063; no mentions of Rosemary

baby i can tell that
you ain't easily impressed

THIRD PERSON.

The five band members had been sat in their studio for a little over four hours by mid-afternoon, discussing ideas for the next song they'd be releasing.

And while four of them were interesting in the current conversation, Corbyn had kept to himself for most of the day whilst staring at his laptop screen, his headphones over his ears to block out the rest of the talking.

"Is he actually engaging with the songwriting?" Randy asked as the four looked up at him, "he hasn't said a word."

"He hasn't been feeling the best recently," Zach replied, "you know, the whole thing with-"

"The flu, he had the flu." Daniel's eye's widened as he shook his head at Zach, "he's still feeling slightly rough."

"Oh." Randy paused, standing up and walking over to where Corbyn was sat.

As he approached Corbyn, he removed his headphones from his ears and placed them on the table beside his laptop, watching Corbyn look up at Randy in a slight confusion.

"I need to discuss something with you for next week," Randy said, walking over to the door as Corbyn sighed and followed behind him.

Once Randy and Corbyn had both left the studio, the door was shut behind them as the four of them had a frown on their faces, looking between each other before they all sighed.

"He is miserable." Daniel said as he sat back in his seat, folding his arms while glancing to the other three band mates.

"She hasn't been mentioned in over 24 hours, do we be worried?" Zach asked with a small frown.

"No," Jonah shook his head, "I'm sure it's okay."

"He's only quiet because he can't speak about her." Daniel shrugged, "he's got nothing to talk about, that's why he's quiet."

"He is allowed to talk about her though." Jack replied as Daniel nodded.

"Yeah but she wanted space still.. so he isn't going to mention her because that'll make him want to text her." Daniel explained, "i'm sure they are still okay."

"Personally I think they've done something when they had dinner and it resulted in it becoming awkward... like they could've hooked up." Zach explained.

"...He wasn't at the studio at all. He was at hers for dinner and was running late, which he lied about." Jonah shrugged and nodded, "maybe he didn't want to tell us something happened."

"They wouldn't have hooked up."

"I'd rather not speak about Rosemary's sex life." Jack mumbled, "she is our sister, I'd rather not think about what she's done with our best friend."

"True." Zach nodded, "and she likes to keep that private."

"Yes." Jonah said, "but I-"

Jonah's sentence was cut off by Corbyn entering the room again, the four of them falling silent and watching him walk back over to his seat, slouching down onto it before going back to working on the music on his laptop.

"Do we have to go to that event on Thursday?" Corbyn spoke up as he turned to them all, watching them stare at him in silence, "what?"

"Of course we do." Daniel replied, "it's for our band, it'll help us promote the album."

"...Right," he rolled his eyes, turning back to his laptop, "can I just call in sick?"

"Why don't you want to go?"

"I have to bring a date." He admitted, "and I don't want Rosemary seeing that."

"Rosy won't be there." Zach said.

"It'll be on camera."

"Then don't bring a date."

"No." He huffed and turned around to face them all, "I have to bring a date. Randy said it's to move people away from the idea of Rosemary and I."

The four stared at Corbyn with a frown as they let out a sigh and shrugged at him, "are you still texting her?"

"Rosemary? No." He shook his head, "I've left her alone until she texts me."

"...So you're not even friends?" Jonah asked.

"We're friends." Corbyn nodded, "just giving her space to figure out how she's feeling and all... she seems confused still."

"Oh."

"Anyway," he smiled slightly, "let's switch the topic. The new song."

"Yes." Daniel nodded and smiled.

"I wrote one.. if you want.." Corbyn suggested, sliding his notebook across to the four of them, "you can look at it, I don't know."

"What's it about?" Jack replied, looking over to the two pages as Corbyn leant back in his seat and sighed.

"Just read the lyrics." He said, "I think I'll call it just friends... something like that."

"...Is it about her?" Daniel glanced up to the boy as Corbyn looked down to the floor, subtly nodding as Daniel smiled slightly before he looked back to the lyrics.

Corbyn watched them all read through the few pages while anxiously biting one his nails, watching them look up at him with a nod and smile of approval from each of them.

"If we can make it work as a song then I'm happy for this to be the next song we release." Jonah spoke up as Corbyn nodded at him.

"But she'll know." Jack said.

"What?"

"She'll know it's about her, what if you guys don't become friends or anything more again?" Jack asked, watching Corbyn pause for a few seconds before he glanced to the notebook.

"We will." Corbyn furrowed his eyebrows, reaching for his book as they all glanced to one another, "she just needs some time right now."

"Okay." Jack raised his eyebrows, "then sure, let's go with this song."

"Or we could go with a less obvious approach and write a song about something else..." Corbyn shrugged, "I'm down to do whatever."

"No, I like this song." Daniel smiled.

"Yeah, me too." Jonah nodded.

"Cool," he smiled slightly, the smile quickly dropping as he looked through his lyrics again.

"Why'd you tell Randy he had the flu?" Zach looked to Daniel.

"I'm not making the issue worse for them." Daniel said, "they don't need Randy on their case, let them get back to what they were by themselves."

"What is the girl's name that you're bringing as your date?" Jack leant forward in his seat as Corbyn looked at him.

"No idea." He laughed slightly, "I'm meeting her on the day of the event."

"Oh." Zach paused.

"Are we bringing dates?" Jonah asked, "one of us could just take Rosemary."

"...No one is bringing Rosemary. I'm not letting her see me with some other girl." Corbyn shook his head, "that's not fair on her at all."

"Okay, no Rosemary at the event."

"And no one is mentioning her either." Corbyn said, "please stop talking about her until I do, It's not helping me out."

"No mentions of Rosemary, got that too." Daniel and the other three nodded in agreement.

A/N

uh oh new girl approaching

also hope you all had a lovely christmas!!! 🤍