062; that was a mistake

heart is gonna flatline,
now i can't even look at you.

THIRD PERSON.

"No Harry?" Evelyn frowned as she tied her hair up, looking over to her boss who shook her head.

"He's got a date with Aubrey." Rosemary raised her eyebrows, "I let him have the day off."

"Are they dating yet?"

"No idea, but this is their third date so it must be going somewhere."

"I want to meet her," Evelyn said, "I bet she's fun, and super pretty."

"I'm sure when the time is right, he'll bring her to the store." Rosemary smiled at the girl, "can you tidy up the displays for me please? Customers keep messing them up."

"Yeah, sure." Evelyn nodded, walking over to one of the displays just as the bell to the store rang, causing Rosemary to look up from her open planner as she furrowed her eyebrows slightly.

"Hi," he spoke up.

"Hello," she subtly smiled at Corbyn, watching him walk to the front counter, "are you okay?"

"I had some free time before a rehearsal so I thought I'd come see you." Corbyn shrugged.

"Oh."

"I bought you some lunch." Corbyn smiled at her as she raised her eyebrows slightly while looking up from her planner.

"I never said I needed any lunch.." she slowly frowned, putting her planner to the side as he shrugged and slid over her coffee, "thank you."

"Are you free tonight?" He asked her, holding onto the coffee cup as she pulled her hand away from it and looked up at him again.

"I said I still needed some space, Corbyn." She softly spoke, glancing over to Evelyn who sighed and turned her head back to organising the displays.

Corbyn went silent for a few seconds as he glanced down to the coffee cup, looking over to Evelyn for a split second before he put his focus back on Rosemary, pulling the coffee towards him slightly while the girl took a slight step back.

"I just... you know after last night I-"

"That was a mistake." She interrupted him as he completely froze, "I had some wine. I didn't mean for that to happen."

Evelyn had turned her head back to the pair stood on either sides of the counter, watching Corbyn subtly nod once before removing his hands from the counter and letting them fall to their sides.

While Rosemary kept her stare on the boy, he grabbed five envelopes from the pocket of his jacket before placing those onto the counter, watching her eyes fall to them as she picked them up.

"We're all coming." Corbyn mumbled, scratching the back of his neck while he sighed, "text me when you're ready too."

"I need you to-"

"Time. You need time." Corbyn shook his head, "I'll give you time and space, just... I'll leave it up to you."

She furrowed her eyebrows slightly as he gave her a sad smile before heading towards the door of the store, pushing the door open and shoving his hands into his pockets as he left.