Chapter 2 | ponder

Adrien felt trapped, no other way to say it. His dad was getting worse by the day, he was worried about Nathalie, his cat noir life wasn't getting any better and now he was having a confusing revelation.

That moment at the jobs fair... when Luka touched his shoulder and leaned into him... that made him feel something.

Similar to how he felt the first time he met ladybug. Although ladybug has been getting on his nerves lately.... That was beside the point. Luka... it was Luka that gave him those butterflies. Luka, a boy.

He just sat there on the windowsill and starred out at the city. The sun was setting and casting a warm glow on him, his inner cat just sun baking in the light. It seemed like as long as he was under this roof his life was a mess, cat noir was his escape although it wasn't feeling like it recently. But what did feel like an escape was being with his closer friends.

He'd never really felt comfortable enough to truly open up to his friends, mainly because of the trust issues he'd developed thanks to his dad. But Luka was one of the people he felt he could trust, and he was someone Adrien really appreciated.

Feeling a buzz in his pocket, he pulled out his phone to see what it was. And wouldn't you know it, it was the boy he was just thinking of.

Luka: hey, just wanted to make sure you were ok? That akuma attack kind of interrupted us.

He was checking up on him? Not many people did that... that's why he appreciated Luka so much.

Adrien: I'm ok I guess. A bit confused but Nathalie did say we're still young so we have time to figure things out

Luka: that's right. We are young, we can keep searching for ourselves and growing. Don't feel too overwhelmed, you still have time. When you find your thing, it'll come naturally.

Adrien couldn't help but smile, Luka always knew what to say and how to make things better. He felt more content with the thought of his future thanks to Nathalie's advice and Luka reassuring him. But that was only one thing off his plate, he still had a lot to sort out.

Adrien: I guess all I have to do is wait. My destiny will find me eventually. Thank you for today, you really helped.

Luka: of course! I'll always be here. We can talk about anything, anytime.

That, that was excellent why Adrien liked Luka so much. He was always there for people, always a shoulder to cry on, always a good miraculous weirder, always someone to help. Not many people could see past the glitz and glamour of his life as a famous person, but Luka could. Maybe it was the fact his dad was a famous musician that gave him some insight into fame, but he seemed to understand that it was hard behind the cameras.

Adrien looked back out the window, out at the setting sun just basking in its warmth.

One problem taken care of, but way too many to figure out.

He'd been able to make the connection between his butterflies for ladybug when they first met and those butterflies form Luka for a while now. But self discovery can be scary and he was still processing the fact that maybe, just maybe... he liked boys too.

He thought about what Nathalie said, and it really did make a lot of sense.

He was happy to see Luka happy. He was exited when he got to go to band practice because it meant he could see Luka. He was glad for him when he was with Marinette, because he was happy. And sad for him when they broke up, because he didn't like to see him sad. He was thinking about Luka a lot, and all the things he'd said at the right time to make him feel better. Luka just had a way with people, he always knew how to help them.

Adrien was someone who needed a lot of support right now, and Luka was right there with him every step of the way.

"Fuck... my dad will kill me..." he sighed.

"For what? Your grades drop again?" Plaggs voice chimed in.

The tiny cat was usually off doing his own thing when they were home, but he could tell something was bothering Adrien.

"If he finds out that... that I might... maybe... like a boy" Adrien sighed.

"Ah, yeah he doesn't seem like the type to take well to that. But hey you have me and your friends! Half of them are shades of the rainbow anyway"

That was true, there was Nathaniel and Marc, Rose and Juelka... Luka. They'd all stick with him no matter what he labeled himself. And Plagg was always with him no matter what, so he did have his favourite tiny cat too.

"I wonder if Nathalie would be ok with it..." he pondered.

"Dunno, I mean she seems way cooler than your dad but she does work for him so..." Plagg replied.

"Hm... guess I can't tell without bringing it up, god I still don't even know what I am! Why am I worrying?"

"Adrien, whatever you are you've got me and your rainbow friends. There'll be someone for you"

He'd be up all night thinking about this now. There was no way he could sleep knowing his heart might be leaving ladybug for a boy in his band. He'd never dated a boy, or even had a crush on one before. But it was starting to seem like that could be his future.

Luka was just so... perfect.

"I wonder what my mum would think?" He muttered.

"That one I can't answer, but from everything you've told me about her I'm sure she'd just smile and hug you no matter what" Plagg replied.

"Yeah, she was always with me through everything. She always called me her 'baby of love' so it would be no surprise to her if her baby of love loved more than just girls... I just wish I could talk to her about it. She'd know what to do..."

Even thought it'd been two years now, Adrien still dearly missed his mother. Who wouldn't miss their parent they were so close with after all? It happened when he was so young, and it was so sudden that he could barely process it when it happened. Even if now he was at peace with the loss, he still wished she was alive and telling him bedtime stories like she used to.

"She used to read me a story about a prince that fell for a princess, but an evil king kept them apart. After the prince defeated the king they lived happily ever after. I really hope she'd still love me if I was the princess, and had a prince... actually, I know she'd still love me. Mum would never turn against me..."

Plagg knew how much Emilie meant to Adrien, and how close the two were before the death. It was kind of sad to hear Adrien reminisce like that, but as long as he remembered her in a loving positive light, then the kawami knew his holder would be ok.

"I'm sure she'd stand by you no matter what Adrien. Your mother was the best parent for you, she always will be"