Chapter 26 | complicated

Now Adrien knew, Nathalie was waiting for a chance to yoink the peacock miraculous to meet up with Ladybug and Cat Noir again. Although the twist of Adrien being Cat Noir did make things a bit easier. They'd talked about it and decided that they'd continue to keep his identity form Ladybug. She'd be able to figure out the son that Nathalie was trying to save from hawkmoth is Adrien as soon as she revealed her own identity. And it'd probably only stress the bug out more if she knew her partner in come fighting was the one in danger.

They'd planned to all meet up as soon as she could get her hands on the miraculous, keep her side of the promise by revealing her identity to ladybug and cat noir, and from there they could plan a way to get the miraculous off Gabriel. All while keeping Cat Noir being Adrien under wraps until after the situation is over. It would be both dangerous to reveal Cat Noir as Adrien and stressful in the situation. All she had to do now was wait for the right time to grab the peacock while Gabriel was unaware and see the heroes.

Adrien hadn't been taking it well, he'd gone from happy and exited to upset and gloomy overnight. Luka and his family were helping as much as they could, and keeping the secret about his father. But something that heavy won't just go away so fast, Adrien was glad he had support but still shaken from the news. So after school today he was looking forward to band practice again, so he could be away from his home and with Luka for a while. He had to pick up some fencing gear he'd left at training the other day first, so he's be a few minutes late. But Luka didn't mind, as long as he made it to practice ok.

Luka had arrived home from school early, as his school has a half day for parent teacher interviews. So he was able to get things set up before everyone arrived, he wanted to try and lift Adrien's spirits by having the band play his song and let him perform it for the other friends that were coming. So he'd pulled out the guitar he'd used to record it rather than his usual one, the deep sounding electric guitar necessary for the song.

The notebook he'd written the lyrics and sheep music in sat on the table as he set everything up, in that notebook were also other drafts and ideas he and Adrien had pulled together when writing music. It'd become almost like a scrapbook, they'd add to it with drawings, photos and writing whenever they met up. He also hoped he could suggest the idea of writing a song to vent out all his emotions given the recent situation, with Adrien's love for writing it might help him cope.

"Luuuukkkaaaa!"

Looking up from the power strip he was plugging the equipment into, he saw his sister and the band rushing up over to the boat.

"Hey you're finally here. Imagine having to go to a FULL school day" he teased.

"Shut up blueberry head" Jueleka joked, the classic sibling banter tone.

"Don't give me that grape head, I set everything up be grateful"

One by one the got onto the deck of the boat. Dropping their school bags on the chairs ask floor immediately talking about snacks before getting into practice. Luka scanned over who was here, the band, Nino, Alya, Kagami, Zoe... Marinette...

He was still a little anxious about Marinette, since he'd have to break the news that Adrien isn't exactly available anymore to her soon. The plan was to do it once the semester ended in two weeks. That way she'd not be distracted from school. He really hoped things went well and she didn't freak out over it.

"Adriens gonna be like 15 minutes late. He needs to pick up some fencing stuff" Luka said, informing the rest of the band.

"That gives us time for snacks" Rose replied, giving her girlfriend puppy dog eyes.

"Fiiinnee I'll get snacks" Jueleka said, heading inside to grab some food.

Luka finished plugging everything in, plucked a few chords to make sure it was all working then got up off the floor and untangled the wires from himself. Everything was ready to go, as soon as Adrien was here. Jueleka bought back some snacks and put them on the table, everyone gathering around to eat.