Chapter 36 | chaos

Adrien was prepared for the next few weeks to be a complete mess. After his escape from his dad and stealing the miraculous, he braved himself for the drama that was about to blow up in his face. But as long as he was with Luka and his family, he was safe.

So when he woke up to the sounds of yelling coming from downstairs, he wasn't really that surprised. He stirred from his sleep, finding Luka had already gotten up and out of bed and was at the window trying to see what was going on.

"Mmh... Luka what's going on?" Adrien groaned, stretching his arms out.

"Oh that woke you up too huh? Looks like your dad has figured out where you're hiding..." Luka replied.

Adrien immediately got up and scrambled over to the window next to Luka. In the front yard he could see his father parked on the curb, having stormed out and not even closed the door. Jagged was blocking the entrance to the house, Nathalie standing in the doorway behind him.

Luka cracked the window open to hear the conversation better.

"YOU DO NOT HAVE PERMISSION TO HOUSE NATHALIE AND MY SON, THIS IS KIDNAPPING-" Gabriel snapped.

"Uh newsflash dickhead, Nathalie is an adult and can do what she wants. And Adrien is old enough now to be emancipated from you, as long as he'd with a trusted guardian like NATHALIE then he can be wherever he wants" Jagged replied.

"HE'S MY SON! I HAVE FULL CUSTODY-"

"And YOU haven't been treating your son like your son! For fuck sakes Gabriel you struck the boy TWICE!"

Lukas mum was right to have Adrien and Luka stay with Jagged. He was famous just like Gabriel, and had just as much power and influence and he did. Gabriel couldn't use manipulation or money on him here, and if he wanted to try it would have to go through court which Jagged had the money for.

"Gabriel we've made our choice. I am his legal guardian, I have been since Emilie died. You may be his parent but I have just as much legal custody of him as you do. He wanted to come with me, I let him come with me on his own free will. I'm not surprised he wanted leave after you HIT HIM GABRIEL. YOU HIT YOUR OWN SON! EMILIE WOULD BE FURIOUS WITH YOU-" Nathalie ranted.

"DON'T BRING EMILIE INTO THIS-" Gabriel replied.

"NO I WILL GABRIEL. You have been so detached from your family that you don't even know what she was going though before she died. You're stuck in this delusional state where you think everything was perfect like when you were first married, and completely ignore how your marriage was falling apart by the end of it. You don't care for her, you want power. You don't care for Adrien, you want a toy to control"

Gabriel was fuming, Adrien could tell he wanted to accuse Nathalie of stealing the miraculous away from him too, but couldn't since Jagged was right in front of him.

"If you don't hand Adrien and everything else you stole back to me, I WILL get the police involved" Gabriel threatened.

"Go ahead, I'll go to court. I have the money for it, Adrien has the evidence to wipe the floor with you, Nathalie has a million statements to make against you. You won't win Gabriel" Jagged replied.

Luka didn't know how intimidating his father could be, he'd always just seen the chill, rock and roll side of him. But when the man poked his finger into Gabriel's chest, harshly took a step toward him and lowered his tone, it was enough to send shivers his his spine.

"And by the way. I DO NOT appreciate the way you've talked about MY son. You can take your probably homophobic ass and get off my property. If Adrien wants to date Luka, that's HIS choice. It doesn't matter if he's a boy, a girl or non binary, it's ADRIEN'S choice to date him. Now if you don't get off my goddamn property and leave your victims alone, I'll be catching aggravated assault charges and claiming self defence. LEAVE" Jagged spat.

Goddamn, he could he scary. Even in his pyjamas with his hair flat rather than in his usual liberty spikes.

Gabriel knew to pick his battles, and he knew that getting into a brawl would only make things worse. After a moment of the two men staring at each other in anger, he turned and scoffed storming off.

"The police WILL be involved" he spat.

"Whatever, bring it BITCH" Jagged replied.

Gabriel slammed the car door, and drove off in a huff. Jagged and Nathalie heading back inside. Adrien and Luka just took everything in for a moment before closing the window and turning back to each other.

"Wow..." Luka said.

"Your dad can be real tough" Adrien replied.

"I know, didn't even know he had that in him"

Adrien sighed, letting the tenseness he'd been holding the whole time his dad was there go. Luka pulled him into a hug and placed a kiss on his cheek.

"Everything is going to be a massive mess but at least hawkmoth isn't involved anymore. No super powers, just police reports" Luka said.

"Yeah, thank god hawkmoth isn't a problem anymore. This whole case won't be fun but at least I'm safe with you. And once it's over I won't ever have to face him again" Adrien replied.

"That's the spirit"

Even though the road ahead was rough, Adrien could see the light at the end of the tunnel. He was so close to making it out of all this in one piece, he just had to hold out a little longer.

And the best part? He was able to get his mother back. Soon he'd have his mum by his side again, and Nathalie could finally tell her all the feelings she'd been bottling up for years.

Soon, Adrien would have two mums to replace his lost dad.