Chapter 37 | Emilie

A/n: daily updates from here on out bc I've finished all the chapters!

Today was the day.

With Gabriel out of the house, as he was desperately trying to regain control of the situation by going to the police about Adrien and Nathalie running away from him. There was a window of time that Nathalie and Adrien could get inside and make the wish.

Standing in either side of a wall in a back alley, Ladybug and Cat Noir held their miraculous out for Nathalie who promised to keep her eyes closed until they were gone so she could transport the miraculous to Adrien without revealing anyones identity. Unbeknownst to Ladybug, Adrien WAS Cat Noir, but with this system they'd come up with, that could stay secret.

"I'm trusting you Nathalie, as soon as it's over you bring the miraculous back here and return them" Ladybugs voice said from the other side of the wall.

"You can trust me, I promise. I'm too weak to fight you two, and I don't want that. I just want Emilie back and Adrien safe" she replied, looking down at the miraculous in her hand.

"Alright, go. Get her back, for Adrien"

"Thank you, Ladybug"

She turned to head for the car, waiting for a moment for Adrien to catch up out of sight. He was quick to jump in the car, and climb into the back seat where Luka was waiting. He's insisted on coming for emotional support, since this would be a big deal for Adrien.

"You ready?" Luka asked.

"I can't wait to see her again" Adrien smiled.

"Neither can I" Nathalie replied.

When the reached the house, it was empty thanks to Gabriel leaving to throw a hissy fit to the cops.  All the rage had made him sloppy, and the three were easily able to sneak in thanks to Nathalie still having a set of keys. They stood before the painting, the entrance to the lair. Adrien and Luka had never been there before, it was nerve wrecking.

"Ready?" Nathalie asked.

"As I'll ever be..." Adrien replied.

She keyed in the code, and they were lowered into the lair. Adrien knew that his mother was in there, preserved. He didn't really want to see her in that state, but he knew that he had to so he could bring her back. They walked down the isle to the glass coffin, and Nathalie opened it for the wish to take place. Adrien starred down at his mother for a moment, shiver going down his spine seeing her lifeless body.

"You can do this Adrien" Luka assured, placing a hand on his shoulder.

"Thanks, Luka" he smiled.

Placing a kiss on his cheek as a thank you, Adrien then stepped back and put on both miraculous. He took a breath, braced himself and the moment finally came to do what he'd wanted to do for so so long.

"Plagg, Tikki... unify" he announced.

The two kwami merged their power, transforming him into a Ladybug and Cat Noir mix. The sheer power of the transformation alone made Nathalie and Luka have to shield their eyes from the bright light. Adrien felt the almost electricity type feeing run through him, and when the transformation was over it revealed his mixed hero form.

Cat ears, spotted black and green mask, ladybug wings, black suit with green spots up the sides, longer hair with red tips and platform boots. While it looked cool as hell, he didn't have to gawk at it right now.

He stepped forward, held his hands over his mothers body and drew in a shaky breath as Luka and Nathalie watched in anticipation.

"Nathalie" Adrien said.