Chapter 43 | breaking news

At was all over the news, ever since the arrest all that anyone could talk about was how the world famous fashion designer had a mental breakdown and tried to attack not only his own wife, but his assistant, son, Jagged stone and that rock stars son.

Not all the details were out to the public yet, it was an ongoing investigation after all. But from the information the media did know, they could easily tell that Gabriel wasn't who he said he was. Outed as Hawkmoth, everyone had turned on him and speculated on what he'd done to his wife and son for them to run off with the family assistant to jagged stone of all people. Things seemed to be all over the place at the moment, so much had happened in such a short amount of time. Everyone was stressed and tired from the ordeal.

And finally, it was time to put the final nail on Gabriel's coffin. After the police had come to arrest him, with the help of his mother, Nathalie and Luka, Adrien handed over every bit of evidence he had of his fathers abuse. Every picture of a bruise, every secret recording, every testimonial from all his friends and family. Not only would he be charged with terrorism because of his role as Hawkmoth, but child abuse as well. The public were going absolutely wild with the unfolding story, and in order to quell some of the drama Adrien had decided to put out an offical statement.

So he posted a long caption on a blank Instagram post.

@ AdrienAgresteBrand:

I'm safe, I'm hurt but I'm safe. This is a difficult and traumatic situation, I had no idea of my father being hawkmoth until recently and the revelation shattered me. He'd been getting bad behind closed doors for a while, and eventually I knew things would escalate to the point of no return. I've handed over everything I have on the situation to the police, I can't reveal everything as it's an ongoing investigation. But know this: Gabriel Agreste abused me. For years I've been the victim of his manipulation, neglect and most recently, his physical attacks. This has affected me greatly, and while I understand wanting to know the full story I must ask for privacy while I work through this. I am safe, my mother is safe and much healthier, Nathalie is safe and recovering. I'm staying with @ jaggedstoneoffcial for the time being until things are sorted. I can't thank him and his family enough for the help, and I especially give thanks to his son Luka who has been there for me from the moment this all started. I truly love him to bits.

Needless to say the statement only made the media blow up even more. Adrien could barely step outside without someone wanting to interview him. Now really wasn't the time, he was going through a lot. Luka was by his side every step of the way, but it was clear the situation was having an effect on him.

His mother in particular noticed.

"Nat I'm so worried... he's been so distant and quiet for days now..." Emilie said, pacing around the room in stress.

Nathalie sat at the dining table looking for a place nearby to eventually move into with Emilie and Adrien. Gabriel's mansion was under his name so they couldn't stay there, and they didn't want to either. Too much trauma attached to it...

"Em, he's going to be ok. He has you, me, Luka... and his friend group all made up" Nathalie replied.

"I know but he's never been this quiet and distant before"

"He's just processing, he'll come around. Being 16 is hard enough, going through all this at that age is tough"

Nathalie was right, Adrien would pull through. He'd spent his days snuggling with Luka, Emilie had been regularly checking up on him and Nathalie was making sure he was eating and getting some sun here and there. He was definitely in a depressive state, but he was safe.

"I suppose... I remember being 16, it was definitely a rocky time. Not a kid anymore but not quite an adult" Emilie sighed.

"I remember being 16 too, that's around the time we met" Nathalie replied.

"When you had bangs and those bulky glasses"

"Ugh, don't remind me. I had no sense of style back then"

Emilie snickered, she enjoyed reminiscing with Nathalie. Sitting down beside her, she leaned her head on Nathalie's shoulder.

"I wasn't too stylish either, I thought massive perms were cool" Emilie replied.

"It was the 80s... can't blame you" Nathalie giggled.

Oh how they had fun together as teenagers back them, sneaking off to ditch class, staying up late on the phone and racking up the phone bill, slipping notes into crushes lockers...

"But seriously, he'll be alright. He's your son after all, if you can get through all this so can he" Nathalie assured.

"You're right, I'm just a worried mum that's all" Emilie replied.

Nathalie placed a reassuring kiss on her forehead, making the blonde smile. She was so much happier with Nathalie than she ever was with Gabriel.

"When the divorce is finalised, we're running off together with Adrien. Close enough he can still see Luka of course, but away from the area all this mess went down" Emilie said.

"I like the sounds of that. Just you, me and Adrien. No miraculous, no spotlight, just us" Nathalie replied.

"Hmm... maybe a little bit of spotlight. I would love to get back into acting... but you and Adrien can stay as hidden as you please"

"He wants to a writer you know? You should hear the song he wrote and Luka produced. It's amazing"

Emilie perked up, this was the first she'd heard of it in all the chaos. Immediately she was intrigued and wanted to hear it.

"He wrote a song? Show me!" Emilie smiled.

Nathalie had the file from when Adrien showed her she's ago, all she had to do was pull it up and press play. Emilie couldn't stop smiling hearing the beautiful melody made by Luka and the lyrics written and sung by her son. And the line Adrien added as a nod to Luka wasn't lost on her either. Her heart soared hearing it, knowing just how much he loved his boyfriend.

"Oh my sweet boy... he's got such a talent for words..." Emilie smiled.

"He's good isn't he? I bet he and Luka could make it big if they wanted to. I know Luka wants to make instruments rather than play them for a living, but maybe he and Adrien could make some songs every so often" Nathalie replied.

"I need to hear them play this live for me, it's amazing. Gods I'm so proud of him..."

Emilie truly loved her son more than anything in the world. Nathalie found it absolutely beautiful how dedicated she was to him. She was so glad they could be together as a family again, and so happy she got to be in on it too.