Chapter 14 | expression

He just couldn't keep it in anymore, every band practice he and Luka had together his feelings just got stronger and stronger. This morning when he woke up and remembered it was practice day he immediately thought 'yay! I get to see Luka!'

His head was filled with Luka. It was just Luka Luka Luka 24/7. And today was his breaking point, he had to do something about it. Even if he got turned down, he just had to get those feelings out there. Nathalie told him not to hold back and loose his chance, so he'd take her advice and shoot his shot. Luka could absolutely feel something different about today as well. All practice they were near each other, all practice they didn't say much but gave each other knowing looks. And when everyone else finally left and it was just the two of them, they went int Lukas room to continue working on the song.

"That was great! I think that one is definitely it. We only have backing vocals and mixing left" Luka praised, earning a smile from Adrien.

"You sure? I feel like my voice cra-" Adrien began, taking his headphones off.

"Adrien, it was perfect. Trust me, I know music. My dad is Jagged Stone"

Well, that was true. He did learn quite a lot from his dad after the re-kindled. Music was clearly something that ran in the family, and if Adrien was gonna trust anyone with music it was Luka.

"If you say so, although I need a break before we record anymore. I'm thirsty" Adrien said, throat dry from singing.

"Me too, I'll get some drinks. Be right back" Luka replied, getting up to go grab some water.

Adrien was left sitting in Lukas room, at his desk where the makeshift recording setup was. Hooked up to his computer was a microphone, headed and outlets right plug electric instruments into. His walls also had a few patches of soundproof foam among all the posters and photos to improve recording quality. Adrien stood up to stretch his limbs out after sitting at the desk for so long.

Lukas room was small but cozy, and thanks to the soundproof foam patches it was relatively quiet. The only noise really being from the water against the boat outside and the quiet buzz of music equipment plugged in.

On his bed were multiple blankets and pillows, making for the prefect place to make a nest and sleep. Above his bed hung his Bi flag, and some posters that continued onto the walls. He has his guitars mounted on their stands by the closet, some books on a shelf above it and a beanbag in the other corner with a box of art supplies next to it.

Small, cosy and clearly the room of someone with a creative nature.

It felt more... roomy than Adrien's room. It was so big that it was easy to feel small alone alone in it. But Lukas room was comforting in a way.

"Here, kinda actually filled them up a bit too much so be careful" Luka said, coming back in and kicking the door closed.

Fill almost to the top, Adrien grabbed his glass of water and downed almost the whole thing. Man he needed that.

"Man that feels so much better" he puffed.

"Dry throat?" Luka snickered.

"Yeah, singing is a lot of work"

"Yeah it can be kinda straining if you haven't had a lot of vocal training"

Putting their drinks down on the desk slightly apart so they knew whose was whose, they sat on Lukas bed to take a break for a bit.

"This will sound great when it's finished" Luka said.

"I hope it works out the way I envision it, although you're the expert here so I'm sure it will" Adrien replied.