Chapter 41 | apologise

Pink is a bright colour, and when the sun comes in from the windows in the morning and reflects off the pink walls it really lights up the room. That's why Marinette could never seem to sleep in these days, the light would always wake her up so early.

So she groaned in annoyance as she sat up and rubbed her eyes, wishing she could sleep a bit more. Tikki still managed to sleep though, her little spot on the pillow undisturbed. Marinette climbed down from her bed, picked up her phone to check the time and was met with a bombard of messages from the class group chat. Confused she opened them and found out that some real drama had gone down overnight while she was asleep. Scrolling back to the start of the conversation she slowly began to piece things together.

Alya: Juels is everything ok? I just saw the news.

Jueleka: Luka is with him at dads place, Gabriel tried to get him back but dad and Nathalie told him to fuck off.

Nino: have you head anything from them today?

Jueleka: Emilie is with them too, she's turned on Gabriel. She's ok now, her health problems that caused her to take that break are in check. She, Nathalie and Adrien will be ok.

Alya: good I was worried.

Nino: do you know what's going on legally?

Jueleka: not everything but Luka did say Emilie wants a divorce.

Nino: OOOOO SHIT

Alya: GO BAD BITCH GO.

Nathaniel: Woah I just woke up, what's going on?

Alya: Gabriel accused Jagged stone of 'kidnapping' Adrien. But we all know Adrien ran off willingly to escape his dad. Nathalie and his mum are there too. So is Luka.

Juleka: me and mum are still home on the boat, they didn't want us to get involved in case Gabriel tries to come for us. Dad is helping because he had just as much money and influence as Gabriel and can drag him to court if he has to.

Nathaniel: holy shit. Is Adrien ok?

Juleka: Luka says he's doing ok but is obviously stressed and upset.

Rose: just read everything, I hope everything turns out ok.

Alya: I'm glad Gabriel is being put in his place though, he's a dick.

Nino: I'm proud of Adrien for standing up to him.

Nathaniel: same

Rose: me too.

Jueleka: I'll update you guys when I can but it's kind of a mess atm. I don't think he'll be back at school for a while.

Nino: no surprise, poor kid.

Rose: he's got a support system though, so he'll be alright. He's a fighter.

Nino: he is. Dude is like the strongest guy I know. Plus he has Luka with him. Adrien is down BAD for that boy man. Y'all seen their private stories? Constantly all over each other.

Jueleka: oh I know Luka is such a simp for him too.

Rose: it's so cute! I'm happy for them!

Marinette needed a moment to processes all that information, and when it finally did and she realised Gabriel was out here making the situation worse she frantically looked up the news to see the articles for herself. Sure enough, Gabriel accused Jagged of kidnapping Adrien. So far there was no response from anyone on Adriens side as they were all probably working together to form all the evidence against him. The public was pretty torn, a lot of people seems to know the situation was sketchy and suspected Gabriel was hiding something. The other half were unsurprisingly flaming Jagged online.