Chapter 49 | releif

"Thank you so much, if it weren't for you we wouldn't be able to do any of this" Nathalie said, giving Lukas parents each a tight hug.

"Don't even mention it, as long as Adrien is with Luka he as well as you two are part of the family" Anarka replied.

The last bits of furniture and belongings had finally been moved in. And with the trail now over, the Ghram de vanilly, formerly Agreste family could finish decorating their new home and settle in. And of course, Luka was quick to offer to help Adrien decorate his new room.

Thanks to the help of his family, every box as been moved in and there were only a few left to unpack. The boys had organised a sleep over so they could decorate Adrien's room all through the evening.

"I'll pick you up at about 3pm ok kid?" Jagged told Luka.

"Alright, I'll hopefully be awake by then" he replied.

"See you tomorrow"

Waving off Lukas parents, he was left with Adrien and his mums.

"Alright, before you two run off upstairs, what should we do for dinner?" Emilie asked.

"Hmm... OH! Nathalie do your really good carbonara!" Adrien suggested.

"I can do that, I'll need to run out for some ingredients though" Nathalie replied.

"I'll do that, you need to rest after everything that's happened. You're still recovering, I got magic healed remember? I can handle it" Emilie said.

Nathalie smiled, glad she was being taken care of. In truth after all the stress from escaping with Adrien, the trial and moving, she was really tired. But Emilie had been helping her every step of the way from the moment she was revived.

The sentence for Gabriel? Guilty. Of terrorism for his crimes as hawkmoth, child abuse against Adrien, attempted breaking and entering for the times he showed up at Jagged's door threatening him and gross negligence for allowing Emilie and Nathalie to get so sick under his care. He wasn't getting out of prison, ever. Finally his ex wife and son were free from him.

"Thank you, I'll unpack the pots and pans" She said.

"I won't be long, behave for her boys!" Emilie replied.

The boys agreed to be on their best behaviour for the recovering mother and with a kiss on her cheek Emilie was off to get some ingredients. The boys scrambled upstairs into Adrien's half finished room, eager to get to work.

So far the bed, desk, closet and shelves had been set up. Things were starting to take shape but they needed a more personalised touch. Adrien opened one of the boxes, getting things out and onto the desk to organise.

"I printed some photos and got some posters, I think they'd go well on the wall by the bed" he said.

Luka looked over his shoulder at all the stuff he'd gathered, liking the general aesthetic Adrien had going on.

"You're right, it'd look good. You can put the photos around the posters like a frame" Luka suggested.

"Good idea, and then I can put the strung lights above it"

Adrien had been excitedly planning the decor all through the trail. Whenever he needed to take a break from all the trauma and stress he'd jump onto Pinterest and look for inspiration, sending several pins to Luka for a second opinion. That was what have Luka an idea, something to add to the poster wall that Adrien was planning.

"By the way, I got something for you" Luka spoke up, digging into his bag.

"You did? Come on Luka you don't have to" Adrien replied.