Chapter 35 | exhausted

Luka and Adrien sat on the couch together while the adults talked things over. Luka had his arm wrapped around Adrien who leaned up against him, just basking in his presence. He was so tired, emotionally and physically. It'd been a long fight, having to survive under the same roof as his father and finally managing to escape. His cheeks still hurt from the slap, but with each kiss Luka placed on them he felt a bit better.

"What's going to happen from here? Do you know?" Luka asked.

"I have to sneak in as Cat Noir with Ladybug to steal the miraculous. I deliberately left a window open to do that... once he has no power left as hawkmoth that eliminates one big problem. Then... then we have to deal with the mess that will be him trying to get me back" Adrien sighed.

"At least things can finally start to fix up now. No more Hawkmoth means no more villains to fight at 3am on a school night"

It was late, midnight by now. He was tired and sore but it was time to put Hawkmoth to an end. Once the adults finished their talk about the situation, and the kids were told to go to bed it was go time.

Crouched in the windowsill, Adrien now transformed held onto Lukas hands tightly.

"I'll be ok, it's only a quick trip in and out to get the miraculous" he assured.

"Come back safe ok? I'll be awake and ready to tuck you into bed" Luka replied.

They shared a quick kiss, before he turned to jump onto the window of Nathalie's room a few windows away. She was staying in one of the guest rooms, and up and waiting for this as well. She opened the window and leaned on the sill to talk to Adrien.

"It's behind the portrait of Emilie-" she began.

"I've seen that safe before, I knew it was sketchy..." Adrien replied.

"Here's the code, disarm the security system on the wall first so no alarms go off"

"Got it. I'll be back asap"

"Be safe Adrien" Nathalie said.

"I will, promise. Now get some rest, you're still sick" Adrien replied.

They parted ways, Cat Noir off across the rooftops and contacting ladybug to tell her it was go time. It was a bit late, and he felt like bad for potentially waking her up, but it was now or never. They met atop the roof of the building opposite the Agreste mansion and scouted out the place to make sure everything was ready to go.

"I'm glad Adrien is out there... looks like Nathalie wasn't kidding when she said she was going to make sure he was safe by any means necessary" Ladybug said.

"Y-yeah, good thing he's safe. There's the window, and I got the code from Nathalie for the safe. Let's go" Cat replied, still having ti pretend he wasn't Adrien.

"Wait, cat-"

He stopped in his tracks as he was about to jump into the window, and turned to face her.

"You ok? What happened to your cheeks?" Ladybug asked.

He froze up for a moment, panicked. He needed to come up with a believable lie or his cover would be blown.

"I- Ahem... I fell off my skateboard and face planted" he said.

"Ouch, I thought cats were meant to land on their feet" she teased.

"Haha, Funny. This cat seems to be good at tripping over when I'm not in my suit"

While he was a little on edge about the whole thing, he managed to get the bug to believe him. They focused their attention back on the mission and carefully snuck through the open window. The house was dark and quiet, and every step they made had to be completely silent. Carefully creeping through the house they made it to the office where the portrait hung.