Chapter 46 | packing

Here Adrien was, back in his bedroom. Well, it was his old bedroom now. They'd officially started the moving process, and had to pack things up.

All the legal procedures were going smoothly, a date was set for Gabriel's trail. The divorce between his mother and father was finalised, and the Agreste mansion was up for sale since there was no way Gabriel would be getting out of prison for what he's done. Anything that as his was going to be auctioned off, and the new owners of the house could renovate it as they liked.

Adrien just had to go through all his stuff and decide what he wanted to keep and what he wanted to donate. The adults were all downstairs helping move things like couches and TV's into the trucks, and Adrien was with Luka going through all his stuff in his old room.

"It'll be kind of weird not having a room this big anymore, but after everything that happened I don't think I could ever sleep here again" Adrien said, digging through the storage shelves.

"Cosy rooms are more comfortable anyway, they feel less lonely" Luka commented.

"Yeah you're right. I already have ideas for how to set up my room, I wanna have a hanging chair or maybe a hammock by the window"

"That'll be a good reading spot"

Adrien held up some old sports equipment he hadn't used in years and tossed it into the donate box. He decided he'd keep fencing, but not competitively. He'd keep playing piano but only in the band with Luka. He was going to quit basketball, only play it for fun with friends. And as long as he spoke Chinese relatively often he could quit that too and not loose the skill.

"How long has that been in here?" Luka asked, pulling out a kids race car track toy set.

"Oh god, probably a decade" Adrien replied.

"Donate?"

"Yeah, no use for kids toys at 16. Well... maybe I'll keep some sentimental ones"

The donate box was getting pretty full, mainly it was stuff he'd outgrown or didn't use anymore. All his clothes he was keeping were already packed up and the closet was empty now, all the books was keeping were stacked in three big boxes by the door ready to go. Half the furniture was gone, his desk and computer setup, bed and TV were all gone and in the trucks already. All he had left was to go through the shelves and storage closets and take things off the walls.

"I'll line this box with bubble wrap and all the fragile stuff can go in here" Luka said.

"Thanks, all the framed photos can go in there. And my trophies" Adrien replied.

Down to the last shelf, he pulled out the storage container that sat on it and opened it up to see what was inside.

"Oh my god! This must be as old as I am!" He said.

Luka looked over and saw the box was full of baby supplies. All stuff from when Adrien was born. Adrien began to dig through it, there was no way he could get rid of any of this, his mum would kill him. There were baby blankets, onesies only his forearm would fit in now, a mobile and a scrapbook.

"Hm? I don't think I've seen this before" he muttered, taking out the scrapbook.

He opened it and read the writing on the first page, he could tell it was his mothers.

Tomorrow, I am due to have my baby boy.
I can't wait, this is everything I've ever wanted, for years I've tried and tried, cried myself to sleep after another negative test. But finally, he's almost here. My miracle child, Adrien.

I'm going to document his first year of life in this book. His first words, his first steps, his first everything. I can't wait to meet you Adrien.