Chapter 28 | plan into action

Tonight was the night, Nathalie was able to get her hands on the miraculous again and was planning to meet with the heroes once Gabriel was asleep. She'd spoken with Adrien, and he'd gotten Ladybug out for a patrol as if he didn't know this was going to happen.

It was crucial Ladybug didn't find out Adrien was Cat Noir until after the mess was cleaned up. So to her, the relationship he had with Mayura, Nathalie was unknown.

The two sat on the top of an office building, looking down at the city after taking a few rounds of the area. Ladybug seemed a bit ticked off today, and Cat was wondering why.

"What's up bug? You seem annoyed" he asked.

"Hm? Oh nothing. Just had a disagreement with a friend that's all... although I'm not sure if we're friends anymore" she replied.

"It can't be that bad, fights happen. I'm sure you two can fix things"

"I dunno. I'm torn, I feel so betrayed by what they did but everyone is telling me I'm overreacting. I have no idea what's true at the moment... whatever. I need to stop thinking about it, what's been up with you recently? You seem peppier than usual"

Should he tell her? Well they didn't know each other's identities anyway so what would it matter?

"Well... you'll be glad to know I won't be flirting with you anymore" Cat began.

That peaked Ladybugs interest and she gave him a sly grin.

"Oh? Who's the lucky girl this time?" She asked.

"Actually..." Cat replied.

"A boy huh? Ok, ok, when are you gonna kiss him?"

"Already did actually, guess you could say he's got this cat in the bag"

Ladybug squeaked with excitement, playfully whacking his shoulder.

"See! I told you you'd find the right person! Is he cute?" She asked.

"Yes, oh my god that man makes me remember how GAY I can be" Cat replied with a giggle.

"Is he tall? Is he smart? Can he drive yet?"

"He's taller than me, he's definitely smart and he's going for his license. Until then we've been biking around together, but we have plans on driving around with the roof down when one of us gets our licences"

"Ooo he sounds like a dreamboat. Of course you're the one that bags the cute guys, it's always the blondes" Ladybug teased.

He was glad she wasn't giving him a hard time about it, he knew ladybug would be happy for him since not only did it mean he'd stop chasing her, but he would be a lot less mopey and lonely on patrols.

"Maybe one day I can let him have a miraculous so I can meet him" Ladybug said.

Ah, about that. He kind of already did have a miraculous but she didn't need to know any identities right now.

"Yeah maybe, it'd be a fun patrol with him" Cat replied.

"That's if you two aren't smooching every two seconds and actually doing our jobs" she joked.

He gave her a gentle shove for that remark, although she wasn't wrong they did smooch a lot.

Finally the moment the heroes had been waiting for arrived, and a landing thud was heard behind them. They turned, seeing Mayura had finally returned.

"I've done it... I can hold up my end of the deal" she said.

The heroes got up, Cat nervous and Ladybug skeptical.