Chapter 45 | home open

There was a lot going on, but now that Gabriel was arrested with bail he wasn't able to cause any more havoc. There'd been no Akuma attacks since the retrieval of the miraculous and with him behind bars he couldn't resort to any more outbursts. But on the downside everyone was now neck deep in legal work. Emilie and the divorce and the hearing against Gabriel for all his crimes. The media was all over the situation like seagulls to a pack of hot chips, anything that was public was being spoken about and passed around like crazy.

It was stressful, but at least everyone could see the light at the end of the tunnel now.

"Adrien! We're leaving!" Nathalie called out.

Adrien scrambled down the stairs with one shoe on and the other in his hand.

"One second!" He called back.

Shoving the shoe on he hopped over to the front door where Nathalie and Emilie waited. They were all going to look at a house they were thinking about buying. None of them wanted to be in the Agreste mansion after what happened, so the plan was the get a new place nearby to Luka so Adrien could still see him often, and near school so when everything had settled he could go back and finish school with all his friends.

"Wait Adrien!" Luka called out, rushing down the stairs after him.

Adrien turned to face him, only to be met with a kiss.

"I'll record the guitar and bass while you're out ok? Then we can record vocals when you get back" Luka said.

"Awesome, thank you" Adrien replied, returning the kiss.

"Have fun!"

They waved each other off and Adrien headed out with his mums. Sure Nathalie wasn't legally his other mum (yet), but he considered her one. Emilie gave him a big smile, grabbing his arms and giving him an affectionate squeeze.

"God you two are so cute! I could die from the sweetness!" She said.

"Mum stoooppp..." Adrien blushed.

"Oh you know I never will! It's been so long and I find you have a boyfriend when I come back? I have to know all the details! You two are the sweetest"

Nathalie just smiled watching the two interact. She'd really missed this, seeing them just be happy together as mother and son. She was about to grab the handle for the drivers side door, but Emilie stopped her.

"Nat, let me drive. You're still recovering" she said.

"I'm fine Em, I've taken my meds today I feel alright" Nathalie replied.

"Seriously hun, I'm worried about you. You are recovering well but you're still faint..."

Nathalie sighed, knowing she was right. It was safer of Emilie drove.

"Alright" she agreed.

Swapping sides, they all got in the car and were off to check out the potential new house. Adrien sat in the back seat, feeling content. This whole situation had been hard on him, and recently he'd been rather depressive. But Luka was helping him get though it, and he was overjoyed to have his mum back.

"So what's this new song? Can I hear it?" Emilie asked.

"When it's done. Luka and I started working on it when we had a boat day a while back, his dad gave us some tips about what guitar to use and it's turning out really good" Adrien replied.

"What's it about?"

"Sneaking out"

Nathalie snickered, knowing all about the times he'd snuck out to see Luka. And now she knew he was cat noir, all the times he snuck out to fight akumas.