Chapter 50 | start anew

A/n: final chapter! Although the story isn't over. I'm definitely making a second one because there's still so much to explore in this AU. I'll add a chapter here to announce when it's out!

It was funny really, next year would be their final year in high-school. They'd be turning 17 and 18 respectively. They were effectively closing an old chapter of their lives and opening a new one. No Hawkmoth, no abusive fathers, no stress aside from the usual kind that came with school.

Adrien had lost a father, but gained a mother in his place. He'd come out to himself and the world, found love. He got his mum back, the one person he adored more than anyone else. Sure there were still things eating away at him, like what the hell was up with Felix and the trauma that Gabriel left him with. But for the most part, he was ok.

He'd never felt like he belonged before, he never related to anything or anyone. He was this perfectly curated identity fit for the screen, he was moulded into whatever the people wanted him to he. But now? He was himself. He was finding what he wanted to be.

He wanted to create, make lyrics into songs, maybe write a book. He wanted to inspire, be someone for other kids in his position to look up to. He wanted to be free, and now he was.  He'd been driven crazy, but he was free.

Luka always knew the kind of person he was. Reserved, compassionate, determined. He knew what he wanted to do with his life in terms of a career, in terms of a bucket list. He came from a family of go with the flow musicians. He new life was unpredictable, he knew there was no way he could prepare himself for the things he couldn't see coming, and he just had to face them as they came the best he could. Sometimes the road got tough, he didn't know why. It just did, and he always faced it as it came.

So when he was thrown three major twists after another, safe to say he was a bit overwhelmed. Finding out who his dad was was a bit of a shock, but through everything that's happened with being akumatized and such, he was able to fix things. Then there was the train wreck that was the relationship and subsequent fallout with Marinette, that wrecked him for a while. But as always he faced it, and things worked out. And of course, Adrien. Adrien was there for Luka just as much as he was for him.

When he was in that mess with Marinette who came to offer a shoulder to cry on? Adrien. When he needed someone to talk out life's troubled with who came to lend an ear? Adrien. Who was the one who'd accept him with open arms when he just needed a hug? Adrien.

They were truly soulmates. By every definition of the word.

Nathalie, boy has she been in one hell of a tough situation. Heart broken, manipulated, sick and weak. All while being the only adult Adrien could rely on and having to guide the teen out of the darkness. But after all was said and done, she finally felt like she could relax.

She had her long lost love back, a son, her abusive boss behind bars, health condition recovery and even the heroes had forgiven her for her acts as Mayura. She wasn't up to her neck in work, she was able to sleep in and take it easy for once. She was able to think about what she wanted to do when she recovered enough to go back with working. She was able to finally spend time with the people she truly cared about. That's all she'd ever wanted.

And Emilie, she'd been in a very strange situation. Dead for several years and suddenly thrust back into life, right in the middle of an abusive situation. The weight of her failing marriage has taken its toll, but she was forever grateful to Nathalie for the help even before she died. And Adrien for giving her the push to leave Gabriel. And of course Luka and his family for housing them.

She was still getting used to life again, having been gone for so long. Thanks to the wish the public just thought she'd gone into hiding and wasn't actually dead that whole time. So at least she didn't have to explain how the hell she'd managed to come back to life.